Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I did advertising of approx 500 usd per day and only got clicks no sales

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am new on adwords and tried to adwords.i did approx 1000 usd marketing in two days got 25000 clicks but sales only 5 orders.i want to know why is it?if i spend same amount of facebook i get 100 orders.can anyone help please?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rizwan M
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Rizwan M Glad to assit you here on the Forum .

To be Frank with you, if you are not familiar with Online Marketing Platforms using Pay Per Click (PPC) Schemes its very easy to waste funds . With my own personal experiece I was just like you , and i wondered why i used such amount to get just little sales even on Facebook .

Here are Tips : 

1. Do a Proper Market & Keyword research : This will enable you to understand your audience and also help you narrow you Ads targeting to the right Prospective Customer that will be more valuable .

2. Make sure your Landing Pages are awesome : What do i mean by awesome ? Just like an Office with a building, it should be more structured and very easy for Clients to either get what they want or Ask and get answer to what they want . You can Perhaps add a call to action button . 

3. Link Google Analytics to your website : This will enable you to Understand how Prospective Customers are interacting with your website and therefore you will understand the best strategy to use to improve your Campaigns.

4.  Improve Quality score : This will really help you to achive more clicks with less Cost Per Click (CPC). Make sure your Ads are relevant to your Industry not just getting invalid clicks , Don't forget to make use of Negative Keywords . It helps eliminate invalid clicks that will not give the business value .  Arranage you Ads in themes and use relevant Ads .

And has for the main questions asked : You might wonder why i love using Adwords than facebook when i really want sales or brand awareness for a business . Simply becuase Google Adwords Search network brings at the moment Customers . Your Site will be available exactly when Prospective Customers are looking for your Product and Service and they have high tendency to Convert to Sales unlike Facebook . 

And Google Adwords Display Advertising really helps in Brand awareness Becuase you can display your Ads across devices , its really different from Facebook . 

But in both Markting Platforms if you don't manage your budget Properly you will get peased off . Hope this helps! Let me know if it helps Smiley Wink If you have further questions you can ask. Cheers ! 

View solution in original post

Re: I did advertising of approx 500 usd per day and only got clicks no sales

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rizwan M Facebook and AdWords could have entirely different audiences, even with similar targeting, and it's a different format, different style of interaction, etc.  It's a bit like trying to compare your Ads in a traditional paper magazine with a radio Ad; they're both advertising the same product but the audience is different.

It doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong with AdWords (although personally I would not have set a high budget that high without having tested at a much lower figure first), it may simply be that Facebook (or other social media) are a better fit for your product, or that you haven't found the right medium within AdWords yet.  Are you just running Search?  If so, it's probably worth exploring the many other options for advertising within AdWords, some of which include options to control demographics, which may allow you to get closer to your successful audience on Facebook.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rizwan M
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Rizwan M Glad to assit you here on the Forum .

To be Frank with you, if you are not familiar with Online Marketing Platforms using Pay Per Click (PPC) Schemes its very easy to waste funds . With my own personal experiece I was just like you , and i wondered why i used such amount to get just little sales even on Facebook .

Here are Tips : 

1. Do a Proper Market & Keyword research : This will enable you to understand your audience and also help you narrow you Ads targeting to the right Prospective Customer that will be more valuable .

2. Make sure your Landing Pages are awesome : What do i mean by awesome ? Just like an Office with a building, it should be more structured and very easy for Clients to either get what they want or Ask and get answer to what they want . You can Perhaps add a call to action button . 

3. Link Google Analytics to your website : This will enable you to Understand how Prospective Customers are interacting with your website and therefore you will understand the best strategy to use to improve your Campaigns.

4.  Improve Quality score : This will really help you to achive more clicks with less Cost Per Click (CPC). Make sure your Ads are relevant to your Industry not just getting invalid clicks , Don't forget to make use of Negative Keywords . It helps eliminate invalid clicks that will not give the business value .  Arranage you Ads in themes and use relevant Ads .

And has for the main questions asked : You might wonder why i love using Adwords than facebook when i really want sales or brand awareness for a business . Simply becuase Google Adwords Search network brings at the moment Customers . Your Site will be available exactly when Prospective Customers are looking for your Product and Service and they have high tendency to Convert to Sales unlike Facebook . 

And Google Adwords Display Advertising really helps in Brand awareness Becuase you can display your Ads across devices , its really different from Facebook . 

But in both Markting Platforms if you don't manage your budget Properly you will get peased off . Hope this helps! Let me know if it helps Smiley Wink If you have further questions you can ask. Cheers ! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks alot that was very helpful sirSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i am targeting broad audience for display ads without keywords so it means my ad is going almost everywhere infront of customers and amazingly they are clicking and coming to website but not buying anything.so i would like to know search ads are better with keywords instead of display ads showing to all?

awaiting response Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Rizwan M

Great ! Here is my Recommendation ;

1. Display network is better used when you want to do Brand awareness for your Company Name .

2. Search Network : Is best used when you want to increase instant sales . 

Personally i use Display network for new websites/brands that want to get Popular and the most important thing is having the Brand name on the Banner Ads and your unique Proposition (What makes you different from other competitors) 

Just imagine you want to hang your Ads banner on the street and you want People Passing by to Understand what you are passing across to them . There should not be too much clumsy words on the banner make it simple and Brand Pronounced . Don't forget your Brand Logo .

I will be really glad to assit you further if you have questions .  If you find this comment useful you can - Let me know Cheers! Smiley Wink

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes its really helpful so now i am trying 25% on brand awareness 50% search network 25% on retargeting as i fixed pixel also to make audience for each campaign. really thankful to you for detailed reply Smiley Happy cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alamu.

it would be great help if you can visit my website www.wmart.ae from mobile phone and let me know if website is good enough to attract customers.just sharing of opinion if you can do and let me know if you think we need to some improvements?

Thanks 
Rgds
Riz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i was doing display marketing but now i will be doing both and as per you mentioned with low budget first to check response then increase gradually.

Thanks alot for help sir.

Rgds
Riz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jon_Gritton

Hi i was doing display marketing but now i will be doing both and as per you mentioned with low budget first to check response then increase gradually.

Thanks alot for help sir.

Rgds
Riz