AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I deleted all of my campaigns and/or ad groups.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I decided to delete all of my campaigns and or ad when configuring became complicated, and i feel starting again would be better. Now that i have designed a new campaign/new ad, it becomes impossible to see my ad running.  I am interested in running new ads again. Can someone help with tips.

Thanks for your help,

George

Geokaz Global Cargo,

www.valuehandlers.com

Re: I deleted all of my campaigns and/or ad groups.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Adetayo G, Welcome to the community. Yes, you can delete/pause your existing campaign and create a new campaign with your new structure. But remember,deleted campaigns will not completely removed from your account.It will be visible under all "campaigns settings". If you don't want to see your deleted/paused campaigns in your account then click the "Campaigns" tab.Just under the campaign tab you will see a option "All Campaigns".Click on it and select the "All Enabled"option from the drop down menu.Now Only enabled/running campaigns will appear.You can do the similar thing for Adgroup,Keywords and Ads level. You can also cancel your existing account and can create a new adwords account for the fresh start.To know more about this Please check the following page https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2424605?hl=en&rd=1 To know more about how to delete/pause the campaigns,you can check this https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30571?hl=en Hope this helps..

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes.

1 - understand match types.

Broad - Picks up variations and synonyms so most likely to have the widest reach (spend budget quickly, bid low and check search terms report for better keywords)

Phrase - This is when you put “quotation” marks, search volume is lower but the clicks quality is higher because your only aiming for users who type your keyword in the same order, they can type words before and after your selection

Exact - when you see [square brackets] users will only see your advert when they type in exactly what you want them to (maybe some plurals aswell) - highest quality click

2 - use negatives

At the the bottom of the keywords tab you will find "negative keywords" - think of as many as possible before you start again. These are words you don't want to be found for (jobs, salaries, research)

3 - Don't have a single ad

Spend time in creating 'ad groups'. Show people the solution/idea they are looking for. Organise your keywords into 1-15 groups of similarity or themes then write an advert for those keywords. Don't advertise your whole business in the advert, just ask users to come to your website for the specific service/product and link your best page for it (destination URL)

4 - Tracking and Analytics

Make sure you Enable conversion tracking and analytics to understand what your paying for.

5 - Revise Budget

You will generally convert 1%-5% out of 100 clicks with some effort (hopefully). You should aim to turn 1-2 impressions into a click out of every 100.

So, how much do you plan to make per sale? Divide that figure by 100 (now you know you need 1 sale to break even) and you will be able to calculate how many clicks/impressions you can afford to begin.

Raise you bids and budget during optimisation.

I'm on a mobile so can't get any links from the help center, hope this helped and do reply if you need more...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hy Adetayo G,

I dont think you should erase your campaigns from now on, because google keeps track of your account history and can influence your future campaigns and this can be seen in a lower CPC or CPMs