AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I changed my bid strategy: need help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have been running my campaign with a bid automation, and this morning I decided to establish a Max. bid limit to have more control over my CPC strategy. Immediately after I made this change,  my campaign stopped from having impressions and clicks.

I know the campaign is running because the status says: "Adwords is now adjusting to optimize bids". It has been almost 2hrs since this last change, is there a way of knowing how long it takes for google to optimize bids once again? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eliany R
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Eliany R,

Have you set the Max bid limit is too low?

Else, wait for some more time as the data may take few hours to get updated on the dashboard.

Note: I have found that the AdWords stats are not being updated for the last few hours.

Hopefully, it will be sorted out soon.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Bid strategy change

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have been running my campaign with a bid automation, and this morning I decided to establish a Max. bid limit to have more control over my CPC strategy. Immediately after I made this change,  my campaign stopped from having impressions and clicks.

I know the campaign is running because the status says: "Adwords is now adjusting to optimize bids". It has been almost 2hrs since this last change, is there a way of knowing how long it takes for google to optimize bids once again? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eliany R
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Eliany R,

Have you set the Max bid limit is too low?

Else, wait for some more time as the data may take few hours to get updated on the dashboard.

Note: I have found that the AdWords stats are not being updated for the last few hours.

Hopefully, it will be sorted out soon.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Archit thanks for the quick reply!

I believe that setting a lower Max bid affected some of the keywords but not all of them, a few are showing as ads right now, but I have no stats on impressions. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yes agreed, you can check the real time status of ads using Ad preview tool.

Even I am also facing issues with stats update today as these have not been updated for the last few hours.

Regards

Bid strategy change

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Eliany, 

Based on my experience, sometimes it took a minute worse 5 hours above. As long as the status is responsive on the Ads there's nothing to worry about.