AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I cant use AdWords after sign in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I sign in I recieve this message.

You have accepted your invitation. You’ll be able to sign in to AdWords once the person who invited you confirms your access. Feel free to contact this person directly with any questions. We’ve sent the instructions to your email address. 

You’ll receive an email once your access has been confirmed.

The page has no costomer ID or any tabs to navigate to another page. no funtionality at all and i have not been sent an email?

How can I reset my account so I can start setting up AdWords and using the tools.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: I cant use AdWords after sign in.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi KW1969,

If this email is correct and the situation is accurate, I think what has happened here is that your email address was invited to become a user on an existing AdWords account.  You accepted the invitation but the person who has invited you to the account has yet to verify your access.

Now if this happened a while ago and you are now trying to open a new AdWords account, you will need to contact the owner of the old account that you were invited to so they can remove you from that accounts access.

Or you can create a new email account and open an AdWords account using that.

Now, I'm unaware of exactly what has transpired for you but:

If you have ever opened an AdWords account for your business before, you should first try and gain access to that account (maybe that is what you are trying to do?).  You cannot have multiple AdWords accounts for one business. 

If you were invited to some other AdWords account previously and never ended up having your invitation confirmed, you will need to get that rejected or have your access removed before you can proceed with this email address.

If you have been invited to an account that you intend to work with currently, all that needs to happen is the account admin will need to approve the acceptance and you'll be good to go.

It's difficult to pinpoint what you should do without some further details.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?  Can you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish and what, if any previous access to AdWords you have held or attempted to get?  Have you ever opened an account for this business before?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi KW1969,

If this email is correct and the situation is accurate, I think what has happened here is that your email address was invited to become a user on an existing AdWords account.  You accepted the invitation but the person who has invited you to the account has yet to verify your access.

Now if this happened a while ago and you are now trying to open a new AdWords account, you will need to contact the owner of the old account that you were invited to so they can remove you from that accounts access.

Or you can create a new email account and open an AdWords account using that.

Now, I'm unaware of exactly what has transpired for you but:

If you have ever opened an AdWords account for your business before, you should first try and gain access to that account (maybe that is what you are trying to do?).  You cannot have multiple AdWords accounts for one business. 

If you were invited to some other AdWords account previously and never ended up having your invitation confirmed, you will need to get that rejected or have your access removed before you can proceed with this email address.

If you have been invited to an account that you intend to work with currently, all that needs to happen is the account admin will need to approve the acceptance and you'll be good to go.

It's difficult to pinpoint what you should do without some further details.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?  Can you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish and what, if any previous access to AdWords you have held or attempted to get?  Have you ever opened an account for this business before?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Tom.

Your on the money. 2 years ago a client invited me to look at thier account and never completed the process.

I will have to set up a new adwrods account.

Thanks a billion