2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot raise my max bid over $2.00 - How can I raise it higher

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a campaign with about 7-9 AdGroups inside of it. The daily budget for the entire campaign is $329.00. Because this campaign is for charity many of the keywords have a higher first page bid (which is fine), and I would like to raise the max bid for the keywords to reflect the first page bid. However whenever I try to change the max bid for either the AdGroup or the Key Word itself I get an error message saying that the "Bid is too large" with an exclamation point beside it. Raising the max bid will not shoot passed my campaign's daily budget, so I do not understand why there is this invisible cap being placed.

Please help me to understand how I can raise my max bid on both my AdGroups and individual Key Words.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moses K
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Moses,

It sounds like you're using a Google Ad Grants account. That would explain why you're seeing that error message, because Google Ad Grants accounts are limited to a $2.00 USD cost-per-click (CPC) bid.

See more information here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332166?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moses K
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Moses,

It sounds like you're using a Google Ad Grants account. That would explain why you're seeing that error message, because Google Ad Grants accounts are limited to a $2.00 USD cost-per-click (CPC) bid.

See more information here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332166?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks John,

That does seem to be what's going on here. It's a bummer, but I guess I can raise the max bid because of this. Thanks for your clarify!

Moses