AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot raise my max bid over $2.00 - How can I raise it higher

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a campaign with about 7-9 AdGroups inside of it. The daily budget for the entire campaign is $329.00. Because this campaign is for charity many of the keywords have a higher first page bid (which is fine), and I would like to raise the max bid for the keywords to reflect the first page bid. However whenever I try to change the max bid for either the AdGroup or the Key Word itself I get an error message saying that the "Bid is too large" with an exclamation point beside it. Raising the max bid will not shoot passed my campaign's daily budget, so I do not understand why there is this invisible cap being placed.

Please help me to understand how I can raise my max bid on both my AdGroups and individual Key Words.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moses K
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Moses,

It sounds like you're using a Google Ad Grants account. That would explain why you're seeing that error message, because Google Ad Grants accounts are limited to a $2.00 USD cost-per-click (CPC) bid.

See more information here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332166?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moses K
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Moses,

It sounds like you're using a Google Ad Grants account. That would explain why you're seeing that error message, because Google Ad Grants accounts are limited to a $2.00 USD cost-per-click (CPC) bid.

See more information here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332166?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks John,

That does seem to be what's going on here. It's a bummer, but I guess I can raise the max bid because of this. Thanks for your clarify!

Moses