AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot access keyword planner. Please help.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: I CANNOT access keyword planner either!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kristin,

Try clearing your cookies and your cache and see if that resolves the issue. If not, it's probably because Google requires you to have an AdWords Account to access the tool with some basic information.

Even though, you are signed in to your Google AdWords account, in order to use Keyword Planner Tool, you need to fill in the following details at-least,

1. Choose your email 
2. Country
3. Time Zone
4. Currency

Once you have filled it, you will have access to Keyword Planner Tool. For additional reference, I have attached a screenshot here.

adwords-get-started.jpg

Once you submitted above information, a welcome screen will be there. Next to Google AdWords Logo, all most at the last of the menu, you can find "Tools", and select "Keyword Planner" there. Hope this will help!

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

View solution in original post

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kristin I,

Welcome,

To use the Keyword Planner you have to create an adwords account.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Welcome Kritin,

Please login to your adwords account and click this link https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

Hope this helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I did that ages ago, I even created a NEW account to start over, it does not work. When I sign in I am immediately taken to the page that prompts me to start my first ad campaign, which I am not ready to do. All I want to do is use the keyword planner tools.
I tried signing in using a different browser, no luck, same thing. All the instructions tell me there's supposed to be a drop down menu with tools for accessing this. There is absolutely no drop down menu anywhere and no links to get out of that page whatsoever, I am LOCKED in. I have read other people having this same issue and I have blown hours this afternoon/evening trying to figure this out. Someone suggested checking to make sure I have my admin privileges set up correctly. How can I even access those if I have NO options other than to finish creating my ad...and paying for it. Is this a trick???? I checked my admin privileges in my analytics account and they were all set to me, no issue there. What is the problem, why can I not access or even get a glimpse of this so-called keyword planner tool. I can't find it anywhere.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kristin I,

Just click on the above link mentioned by @Zaidan & sign in with your adwords ID & Password.You will be able to use this tool without creating campaign.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Nope. I'm not sure you're understanding me. I have signed in to my AdWords account multiple times, I tried following the url that's supposed to go directly to the Keyword planner tool and it takes me straight to the ad set-up page, no matter what I do with no way to get out or go anywhere else. No tool bar, nothing. All I can do is close the window or sign out. After I sign back in, I'm right back at that same page. I don't get it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
January 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kristin,

Try clearing your cookies and your cache and see if that resolves the issue. If not, it's probably because Google requires you to have an AdWords Account to access the tool with some basic information.

Even though, you are signed in to your Google AdWords account, in order to use Keyword Planner Tool, you need to fill in the following details at-least,

1. Choose your email 
2. Country
3. Time Zone
4. Currency

Once you have filled it, you will have access to Keyword Planner Tool. For additional reference, I have attached a screenshot here.

adwords-get-started.jpg

Once you submitted above information, a welcome screen will be there. Next to Google AdWords Logo, all most at the last of the menu, you can find "Tools", and select "Keyword Planner" there. Hope this will help!

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also having the same problem. The only option once I log in is to create a campaign which needs keyword bidding prices, credit card or bank account details etc. I first need to research what to target and whether I want to start a campaign at all before giving these details.

Is this a new restriction set up by Google?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There seems to be some frustration on this thread,

So I opened a adwords account from scratch, with a new gmail account and went through the process myself in an attempt to understand where you guys are getting stuck.

If you look at Shafi Ahamed's post you will see the first page that you are required to fill out on your new account, this can not be avoided.

as for having to create new campaigns and the like, this is not necessary if you just want to access the keyword planner. The very next page you will get to in your account creation is the page below:
http://i.imgur.com/7jMKXdG.png

Here you can access the keyword planner under the tools menu indicated by the red arrow. You will find the keyword planner there. click the tools menu, click keyword planner and there you are.

Hope this helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pasan,

I have tested myself and have putforth the steps above in this thread. If you have the "Create Campaign" option only, then try creating a test campaign.

I don't think this is a restriction. Because for the long time, Google's Keyword Tool is available to the public without even sign in. What I see is, it is a good move to acquire new quality leads from the powerful keyword planner tool.

Thanks!