AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I can't see my own AD or any other ADS on Youtube search

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a problem. I am paying for my video ad and it shows that it had thousands of impressions and clicks. However, I cannot see not only my own ad on youtube search but no other ads are coming up too even for very popular searches such as mobile phones or makeup. 

I have added keywords etc, however, it's not only my own ad I cannot see it's any ads on Youtube search, just not showing on my devices. 

Please, can anyone help? I don't know what I'm paying for. 

Thank you,

Milda

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I can't see my own AD or any other ADS on Youtube search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Milda N,

It's strange that you aren't seeing any ads at all. Are you using an ad blocker by any chance?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Scott D,

No I am not. It's weird. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Milda N, which country are you viewing YouTube from? There's a chance that advertisers might not be targeting your country, although I'm guessing that you're targeting your own country? And if that's the case, are your ads generating impressions?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@ScottyD, I live in the UK. Why would that stop me seeing ads? And yes my ads are generating impressions so obviously someone is seeing them apart from me. Weirdly I can't see any ads on youtube not just mine. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Milda N, a quick side point... are you able to see text ads when searching on Google's search engine? Additionally, are you able to see banner ads when browsing other websites?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@ScottyD,

Yes I am able to see both. Just not youtube

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks for the information @Milda N, I'm just seeing whether anyone else has any ideas for you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@ScottyD, someone else had this problem before and raised it here - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/I-cant-see-my-AD-on-youtube-sea...  

I don't seem to see an answer to it though. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Milda N,

@PPCBossman and @RobertCoats have been helping to work out what is going on.

Do you know which ad format that you are running? If not by name, could you identify if from this list?

Alternately, you might be using TrueView ads as described here.