2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I can't find my ad!

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Have you just set up a new campaign, or added new keywords? Want to make sure your ad is running? Of course you do!

A common mistake that many advertisers make it to search for their own ad. In our ongoing effort to provide the best possible user and advertiser experience, it is possible that if you search for the same ad many times without clicking on it, you may see that ad in a lower position than other users see it, or it may not appear at all. That's because Google's system stops showing you ads that it thinks you aren't interested in.

Also, searching for and triggering your ad to show will mean, you'll be racking up impressions without clicks (because you aren't going to click on your own ad!), which can lower your clickthrough rate and prevent your ad from appearing as often as it should.

So, when searching for your ad on google.com, we strongly recommend using the ad preview tool -- this will also enable you to see the typical ranking of your ad.

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 13.26.50.png

Still not seeing your ad? Try using this troubleshooter over in the AdWords Help Center to diagnose it yourself! 

Want to read more about finding your ad? Check out the Help Center for more information!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I can't find my ad!

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
FYI-- Without removing cookies, it only take 20 visits before you will no longer see the same ads ( yours included)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think this tool is really usefull and helps very much

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
A big advantage of this tool is that you can see how your ad appears in other geographical locations

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kathleen. Very valuable information shared by you for new advertisers.

Amit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The tool is very good. Thank you.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This feature has a software bug now.

Selecting Mobile or Tablet throws a message with "NO" as in the ad is not shown but under the preview results I can see the paid Ad. Also in the live mobile search the paid ad is there for the search term .

When will this be fixed ?