AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I can't find a website in the managed placement tool (GDN)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can see a website that I would like to try and make my ads appear on. They have image ads from Google being displayed on their site. However, when I try to target that site in the managed placements tool, it doesnt show up when I type it in, all that shows up is 'relevant' alternative sites...

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Kind regards,

Gary

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: I can't find a website in the managed placement tool (GDN)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As far as I know, there are:

- websites showing Google ads but which cannot be targeted through AdWords (you may have to buy them elsewhere but I have no experience with that; this could be a starting point: http://www.google.com/doubleclick/advertisers/index.)

- websites showing Google ads which cannot be manually targeted (I think AdSense publishers can choose that option), and this means that you'll have ads on that website only if you use a more loose targeting method.

Hopefully someone more experienced will pop up and provide more detail.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

"websites showing Google ads which cannot be manually targeted"

Bingo, Calin... some sites can't be individually targeted hence they don't show up in the tool Man LOL

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Gary.

Give AdPlanner a try, before you try to target it. It gives you extensive information on the websites.

https://www.google.com/adplanner/

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

I am not sure how this will help, I am not worried about their visitor stats, I want to target them regardless but I cannot find them. I very much doubt they would have any sites blocked.

To test this, I have a website that runs adsense which blocks nobody. When I searched for this in the managed placements tool, it does not show up.

Very confused...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As far as I know, there are:

- websites showing Google ads but which cannot be targeted through AdWords (you may have to buy them elsewhere but I have no experience with that; this could be a starting point: http://www.google.com/doubleclick/advertisers/index.)

- websites showing Google ads which cannot be manually targeted (I think AdSense publishers can choose that option), and this means that you'll have ads on that website only if you use a more loose targeting method.

Hopefully someone more experienced will pop up and provide more detail.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

"websites showing Google ads which cannot be manually targeted"

Bingo, Calin... some sites can't be individually targeted hence they don't show up in the tool Man LOL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It worked for me. The website i wanted to target did not show up when adding placements, but it did however show up in the Display Planner. I then saved it to an existing ad group from there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks! worked for me!

I can't find a website in the managed placement tool (GDN)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this... I am facing this now!