AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I can pay to Google Adwords but I get: Your account is suspended because your billing information...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I see this message at the top section of my Adwords page: "

Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts. Learn more". When I click on Learn More link, I would get this message: "Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified".
However, I can pay to Adwords with my credit card that is registered as my payment method.
If I use another credit card, again, I get the same problem,
How should I fix this issue?
FYI: The "Learn More" link that is close to the second message, it navigates me to the same page (no action happens).

1 Expert replyverified_user

I can pay to Google Adwords but I get: Your account is suspended because your billing information...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Karl R,

My best guess is that you are one of the guys who once tried to pay with a card where the issuing financial organization is not supported by Google. Based on incoming complaints in this forum I do think that such suspensions are final and once you are flagged you'll be unable to pay in the future. This is not a policy "invented" by Google, I assume it is associated with US financial laws and regulations and/or IRS stipulations and Google is simply subject to them and has the only option to comply. Rumor says that the impacted cards and financial organizations might be in working relationship with jurisdictions famous for alleged tax evasion or similar "wrongdoings".

Bottom line is I don't think you can fix the issue. Chances are you should have been more cautious and relying on established institutions.

Best,

Lakatos