AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I can not see my ads (display network) when I sign out from my account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am from Bosnia, quite a small country. I am targeting 10 miles radius of the city where I have a micro business, small insurance agency. For me, even 1$ is a serious money but I tried to advertise my business through a local awareness campaign. I can see that my ads are getting 40K's or more of the viewable impressions and few dozens clicks. My question is, how I can see all my ads if I open placements (targeted web pages in my region, why I am signed in AdWords account)? As soon as I leave (sign out) my AdWords account I can not see any ads on same sites. Since I am targeting so small area it is quite strange that no one of my friends, acquaintances or clients didn't tell me that they saw any of my ads through the last few weeks. Does anybody have same experience or explanation for this? If it it is not possible to target so small area there is no sense for me to pay any money since I desperately need local customers. It's sad, because when I see my nice looking ads I am almost sure that they can attract potential customers to call or visit our office. Thanks for comments and I apologize for my English.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emir G
March 2016

Re: I can not see my ads (display network) when I sign out from my account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Emir G

When you check your ads ion the display network use either incognito  mode or a tool by a 3rd party (we cannot recommend any on this community).

If you search while  signed in, the ads shown are based on your account ads setting, rather than as if you were a random user.

Read more on interest based ads and ad setting;

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

2 points to note in this case.

1. Bosnia, can only be targeted as a whole country (see below), so using radius targeting is not an option;
  2. As for previewing your banner on a given placement, unfortunately Google does not offer  this feature on the display network. However, if the system reports impressions, the ads were shown.

Criteria ID Name Canonical Name Parent ID Country Code Target Type Status
1 2070 Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnia and Herzegovina   BA Country Active
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
MosheTLV, thank you for your comments. I realized at the beginning that Bosnia can be targeted as a whole country. I tried the advanced location settings and it was possible to select my small town with 10-15m radius. Later, in settings it was shown as the only targeted area without whole country. OK, I understand that I saw that but it continues to cover whole country.
More important for me is the fact that, while I am logged in AdWords account, if I test and open some targeted web sites I can see my ads at each possible position on almost every click. That’s happen on my home PC, office PC and tablet. If I sign out there is no sign of my ads on same sites. So, I tried to be creative and targeted only three local web sites with a whole country selected. Again, I can see my ads while I am logged in, as soon as I signed out, no ads. It is nice to see my ads but my goal is to have people of my small city (140K) to see them. So far, I didn't get any confirmation that anybody except me saw published ads. I am ready to believe that AdWords are not for small local businesses but for bigger ones that have sufficient money for appropriate budget. Having in mind my limited resources and small area targeted, do you believe that is better for me to stop trying this and use fb as a more flexible tool for local awareness? Thanks and best regards.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emir G
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Emir G

When you check your ads ion the display network use either incognito  mode or a tool by a 3rd party (we cannot recommend any on this community).

If you search while  signed in, the ads shown are based on your account ads setting, rather than as if you were a random user.

Read more on interest based ads and ad setting;

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057