AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I'm a new advertiser on Google AdWords, please help me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please teach me how to use Google Adwords , i am really excited Smiley Wink

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm a new advertiser on Google AdWords, please help me.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dota,

Excitement is dangerous. If you have already started advertising my best recommendation would be to stop immediately.

Next, go to the Help Center link at the top of this page and read through the articles - don't skim them, really read them.

AdWords is really simple to start using and really difficult to make work... if you don't put in the time to understand the platform then you will spend your budget and get little return... take the time to understand what you are doing and what your objectives are.

Before you spend any money, make sure that you have Google Analytics installed on your site, and that GA and AdWords are linked - both within AdWords and within GA. Get some goals configured in GA and import them back into AdWords - this way you will have an idea of what is working when you start your ads.

And if I could give you a couple of additional pointers - and at this point it would be good to get others weighing in with the one or two "golden rules" that they would add! - they would be these:

1. don't run any broad keywords - use broad match modified as a minimum

2. set your geo targeting - make sure you're not advertising to the whole world

3. set your languages - don't advertise to every language

4. make sure you have autotagging selected under your settings - otherwise your sessions will not be reported in GA

5. concentrate on your core keywords to begin with - don't chase the long tail from the start

6. check your account every hour or so at the start - look to see where you are leaking budget - you probably will - and you'll need to plug the holes

I hope this helps - and I'm looking forward to seeing what others add to this thread in terms of basics...

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Dota,
AFTER reading the Help Center I would recommend watching the Video's that Google Partners just put out about a month ago on refresher courses on Google Adwords. You can find the Videos in Google Partners "Events" tab. or here on YouTube. I would highly recommend going through all the Training material available and working on getting Certified in Google Adwords. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

That is literally some of the best advice I've seen:

"Excitement is dangerous. If you have already started advertising my best recommendation would be to stop immediately."

Some accounts run for years before learning that!

We get calls every day "How much is AdWords/SEO" our answer is "it can cost you your business if done wrong"

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Dota L Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community.

Take your time to learn and understand what AdWords is about. The people above has given best advises before you decide to make an official advertisement website. My suggestion is try to make dummy account so that you can explore more about AdWords features. Have any further questions,let us know.

Good luck Smiley Happy