2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I am so frustrated with AdWords, am about to give up before I've even begun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up my first campaign.  I've entered several keywords that describe my site and landing page perfectly but every single one has a low ad rank and quality score.  The problem is, I think, that at the time I set up the ad, I didn't have all the text and page descriptions on the landing page.  I had it on pause as I wasn't quite ready, but I was also trying to figure out AdWords as I went along.  I'm guessing this is why my rank is so low.  At this point, the primary keyword is on my landing page several times.  It's in the page title and it's also in the text ad that's been approved but it's got a quality score of 3 and I'm told it's not relevant to my website.  The keyword is on every single page of my website and it's even the website title, but it's not relevant?  I just don't get it.  Is there anything I can do?   Thanks for any help I can get on this! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: I am so frustrated with AdWords, am about to give up before I've even begun

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

I think you can find your answer at this page:

"The AdWords system visits and evaluates landing pages on a regular basis. If you've made significant changes to improve your landing page quality, it could lead to higher Quality Scores over time. You might not see an impact within the first few days, but you may see results over the next several months"

Cheers,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

I think you can find your answer at this page:

"The AdWords system visits and evaluates landing pages on a regular basis. If you've made significant changes to improve your landing page quality, it could lead to higher Quality Scores over time. You might not see an impact within the first few days, but you may see results over the next several months"

Cheers,

Asaf

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Asaf,

Thank you so much for your help.  I did just open my AdWords account and activated my the first campaign today. 

Gillan

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

its my pleasure :-)

Asaf 

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

<This thread was edited by the Community Manager and part of the content was removed to comply with our Community Guidelines.> 

Zee
G+