AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I am not able to set up my AdWords account ,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there , 

I have passed the AdWords test And after that When I started to make an AdWord account It is showing error "We're not able to set up an AdWords account for you. <a href="https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1664276">Learn more</a>" 

Please help me out here for this thing , Now how can i can make account ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am not able to set up my AdWords account ,

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yugal,

If you read the page you linked here, it suggests that perhaps you don't meet the age requirements to use AdWords.

"In order to use AdWords and AdWords Express, you need to be at least 18 years old. The age we use is the one you entered when creating the Google Account that's associated with your AdWords account. When creating a Google Account, you should provide your own age -- not the age of your business."

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy
Thanks fr your suggestion , I tried to solve the age problem but i did find the age selection function or button any where , i have one other account with my different mail id . That is working well . But I am only facing problem with this

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Yugal,

What Tommy meant by Age restrictions on AdWords was that the Gmail Id that you or your client has created to gain access to the AdWords platform has been registered with a brith date that is below the age requirement for AdWords. If you want to rectify this issue, you need to either change the birth date in your Gmail account or create another Gmail account and then try and access the AdWords platform.

@Tommy - Hope I am right in this?

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yugal

@ShashankSingh has pointed exactly what is needed to be done,

To make the things a bit easier for you..
Step 1: Login to your gmail account and click the link https://www.google.com/settings/personalinfo
Step 2: Click on Edit Profile (available at top right)
Step 3: Now, scroll down to Basic Information section --> Click edit
Step 4: Change the Birthday.

Hope this has simplified the things to a resolution point.
Share your experience for any further query

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Thanks for the support and further clarification on this, Kumar!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"