AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I am going to target my ad in ALL Countiries .. Give Me some Tips .

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am going to Target  All Countries .. with more 1000 keywords..give me some tips..

1. At present I am running two campaings by tatrgeting location U.s and canada. shall i pause this (or)

i can run simultaneously

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am going to target my ad in ALL Countiries .. Give Me some Tips

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi DigitalM,

To answer just your question, you can run your existing campaigns and can just exclude US and Canada from your new campaign.

But before this ask yourself, can your business/client service the entire world? If not, please don't make the mistake of targeting the entire world, as you will end up blowing your money which could be better utilized to focus on your business area.

Additionally, I would highly recommend you to focus only on areas which are prime for you or your client's business.

Hope this helps out.
- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Digital,

Welcome to the community.

It is good to know that you wish to target all countries for your ad. However, do not forget that AdWords is about creating relevant and precise user experience. Hence, it is advisable to be very accurate with your targeting methods. Be it location, language or keywords. This will help you reach out to your target audience with minimal efforts.

As you said, you are using 1000 keywords to target your audience, then which keyword match types are you using? Please be sure to choose right type to avoid unwanted spending.

Based on your objective, choose your targeting options. That's it.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In addition to the recommendations above, I don't think it would be wise to target "all countries" with the same landing page. Each country / location has its  local preferences, languages (sometimes more than one: e.g Swiiserland, Italy,  Belguim, South Africa...), different "tastes"  and first and foremost different cultures.

These should be "tailored" on a dedicated landing page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

First of all you have to decide where you want to target your audience. If your service or product is for any specific region then you have to target only those regions which you want to target, by this way you can save more money.

And if your audience is worldwide then set your targeted location which you want to more emphasis, once you set your targeted location then after some days track your data and analysis which location is good for your campaign. You can get this data at individual campaign level or for whole account, here are the steps-

(Only for Search Network) Setting -> Locations 

Most Important - Exclude those location which you don't want to include in you campaign.

Also for your campaign there is no need to pause any campaign which you are currently targeting for US and Canada you can Add or Exclude any location based on your priory. 

I would like to suggest, divide keywords in to different group based on your category and use those groups with your campaign.

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In Short, Analyze where is your audience living? If you want to multiple country then go by city by city or particular suburb. Like few cities from Australia, London, Berlin like this.