AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I am getting very low forecast in planner? Why i will invest?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am planing to launch a website. My whole sales plan is on adwords. But as per keyword planner forecast i will get only 7 clicks/day. Even if i increase my budget & bid price i wont get more than 10 clicks/day. My question is: if i get 7 clicks then how i will survive? Please note that i am providing all sorts of combination in my keyword list. I need minimum of 100 unique visitors/day to survive. What i can i do. Please suggest me.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am getting very low forecast in planner? Why i will invest?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shawpnendu,

Have you changed the location targeting when doing the keyword research? You may be only researching in the local areas.

If that's not the case, then I would suggest taking your product or brand outside of the Search Network i.e Display Network & YouTube. It could be that your product / service is in a very niche market and not many people have heard of it or know about it. This won't be a quick fix as first you'll need to raise awareness, create interest and then the conversions will happen.

You must also set up remarketing campaign/s to drive traffic back to your website.

Hope this helps.

Uzair

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Shawpnendu,

My working assumption is that you did all your settings the right way, you listed the right keywords etc. If that is the case you probably made the wrong decision when you based your sales plan on the AdWords Program. Therefore my short answer is: Do not engage in investing your funds unless you make efficient changes to your plan.

I'd note that we are not business advisors, neither can Google guarantee a financial success for every one who decides to advertise by means of AdWords.

Personally my best guess is that your products or services do not attract a sufficient number of online users. However, since you did not share any details, I am unable to say more.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I'd note though that there was no mass demand for cars when H Ford started to manufacture them. People wanted quicker horses. Hence if you think that you are right and users are wrong, you should go blogging to create demand.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shawpnendu,

It would be good to understand your industry and the keywords you are using.

Having said that, there can be issues with keyword match types. If you're using very niche, long tail keywords with exact or phrase match, this can be limiting your search volume estimates.

One strategy can be to use shorter, more general keywords, and set them to broad match or modified broad match. This will give you a higher volume, and will allow you to cast a wider net in terms of looking for converting keywords / keywords that bring relevant traffic to your website. However, with this strategy it's important to check your search terms report very often (at least daily), to weed out search terms that are completely irrelevant to your business, and add them to your negative keyword lists. This way you're capturing more possible search terms, while still eliminating irrelevant traffic.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI,
I am doing same for below:
Mens business shirt, mens shirt where i found 33 clicks/day? If conversion ratio will 4% then how one can survive?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shawpnendu,

It's good to estimate the conversion rates as part of the planning process. However, you may find that your results can be quite different from your estimates. For example, as you test the campaigns and eliminate strategies that are not working, you may find some keywords and targeting methods that provide very high conversion rates, while others don't convert at all.

The key is to consistently optimize the account, test, conduct content experiments on your website (to see which page layouts, images, colors are associated with better conversion rates), and to eliminate spending on strategies that are completely not working.

It's a process that takes time. My personal opinion (and I could be wrong in your case), that expecting immediately high conversion rates may not be realistic. As you are just starting out with your account, you will undoubtedly spend money on ads and keywords that are not useful, and will need to be tweaked. In my personal opinion, it's better to look at your AdWords campaigns as a process that can take time and data to evolve. Ultimately, your conversion rates will depend on how well your account is optimized, how well your website is optimized, your prices versus prices of your competitors, and any special offers (like free shipping) that you may have.

These are just some thoughts.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Alex

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Shawpnendu B wrote:

My whole sales plan is on adwords. But as per keyword planner forecast i will get only 7 clicks/day. Even if i increase my budget & bid price i wont get more than 10 clicks/day. My question is: if i get 7 clicks then how i will survive? 

Hi Shawpnendu,

SOME businesses may survive solely on AdWords advertising. Your business may or may not be able to generate enough demand from AdWords alone. Google only matches demand for your product/service with your ads, it does not create the prospects for you.

Your choices are to broaden keyword selection and/or keyword match, as well as you geo-targeting. Or, preferably, test what will work with AdWords, while ALSO evaluate and add other means of finding prospects for your product/service. Online and offline.

Google matches those who seek for your products with you when you advertise on search network. So search is an on-demand advertising. You can advertise to a much broader audience via display or video campaigns. And while some of your efforts can still be targeted by keyword context (mens business shirts), you can ALSO target all men just by geographical location, or just men of a certain age. It is likely that in that case scenario you will have lower conversion rates than on search network.

AdWords is one of the ways to advertise your business. But no one will guarantee that it is the only way, and if they do, they are wrong. Having said that there are some businesses (I have clients like that) that get 95% of their business from AdWords. It is risky. Think about the saying of putting all your eggs in one basket.

Also, Keyword Estimate tool is approximate, and its estimates should be taken as guidance, not as exact prediction of the number of clicks you'll get.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shawpnendu,

Julia makes really good points. I would also add one more thing about the overall business strategy; if you're generating all of your sales online (whether it's AdWords or any other marketing platform), you would want to have a good follow up strategy with your clients. You may not be profitable from every single sale/lead (especially in the beginning), but you may be able to somewhat offset this with good follow up through emailed promotions. For example, maybe after someone buys dress shirts, you can send them an offer on ties, etc.

Also, Uzair mentioned remarketing campaigns, which would also be important in your case, especially if you can set up dynamic remarketing ads for specific products your visitors viewed.

In other words, it may be helpful to think beyond just the initial sale. As Julia mentioned, "Google only matches demand for your product/service with your ads." And I would add to that that the demand is not monolithic. Each group of prospects has their own way of thinking/making a purchasing decision (depending on geography, their budget, the specific product you are offering, time in their life [are they looking to buy some extra shirts for work, or is this something they need right away for a job interview], and other factors).

Therefore, some of your target prospects may require more follow up, they may not be ready to buy yet while visiting your site, so you may need to be open to have some flexibility in your marketing strategy to cater to the buying/thought process of your prospects.

Regards,
Alex