AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I am getting impressions with nice page placement but no clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting impressions with nice page placement but no clicks.  First day 130 impressions without any clicks.  Second day and additional 360 impressions without any clicks.  Have my settings to Search Network only, Locations set to those in our territory; Language is English; Devices at All.  When looking at Keywords sorted by Impressions, I see that the Impressions are associated with proper Keyword results as you would expect (i.e. +mac +repair, shows my mac repair site at a number 2 or 3 position which I think is pretty good after 2 days.  I have added some more ads under the campaign to better identify the service I am providing.  I won't know until tomorrow if this has helped provide Clicks, but I can say the phone is not ringing at all.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I am getting impressions with nice page placement but no clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good info, thanks. Currently using "quote" format and +word +word format. Also have negative keywords in place. Reviewing keywords and working on writing better ads. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Rich,

So you are getting ad rank into position 2-3. That's a good start.

A few things you can do to help with clicks, since you are getting impressions and in the top2- 3 spots.

1) Work on your Ads. As you said you made different versions. Ad calls to actions, Ad something that tells about your Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Ie Free Shipping, In Business since 1999, etc

2) Have you added Ad Extensions. Site Links, Call Extensions, Address Extension

3) Look at the competitor ads that are showing up around you, as well as the Organic listings. Are you just another name in the crowd? Are they offering a better deal? What sets you apart?. In one client's campaign the only competitive advantage I had was that we were in business since 1996 and a USA company. So I made sure that was part of my AD. It drove clicks and sales for the clients product. So test different ad copy and try to see think in terms of the customers, what would get them to go to you instead of someone else? Price? Location? What??

Good Luck.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Usually, this indicates an ad-copy which is not appealing, and keywords which are not "tightly themed ",

You did one step by working on the ad-copy. Now, review your keywords, and make sure that they are "tightly themed" to the service. Avoid the "classic" broad match, and add negative keywords

Later, when you start getting clicks, use the search term report to see which keywords trigger the ad. (However, this report is available only if an ad is clicked)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, this helps.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good info, thanks. Currently using "quote" format and +word +word format. Also have negative keywords in place. Reviewing keywords and working on writing better ads. Thanks again.