AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I am experiencing difficulty with HTML5 banners compression in ZIP format (7-zip).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!
I am experiencing difficulty with HTML5 banners compression in ZIP format.
I use 7-zip archiver.
If you put the installation for maximum compression, the file is not loaded in the Adword validator.
Please tell me the settings for 7-zip, which allow correctly compress html5 banners.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am experiencing difficulty with HTML5 banners compression in ZIP format (7-zip).

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

Is there any error that pops up while loading the files?

Have you gone through the format, file size related requirements so as to ensure that there is no mismatch. More details here:-

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Here are some of the common errors and fixes that might help you as well:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6335679?hl=en

Pankaj

Re: I am experiencing difficulty with HTML5 banners compression in ZIP format (7-zip).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj!

Thanks for the quick response!

Below are screenshots of the process:

7-zip settings.png
1 - 7-zip settings.png
I set the maximum adjustment to fit in the weight requirements in KB.

Size 7-zip archive.png

2 - Size 7-zip archive.png
It is evident that the weight of less than 150kb in KB

AdWords error report.png

3 - AdWords error report.png
Error message - Validator was not able to unzip the archive ... apparently.

Therefore questions - what settings 7-zip need to Adword could accept such an archive?
Or is the problem Validator?
What type ZIP archive (algorithm + setup) can unpack AdWords Validator?

------------------------------

And yet - I have checked the banner using WinRar.
When you load the Validator - all normally runs without errors. That is, the problem is not in the banner.

I need to understand what adjustments are needed in the 7-zip.

Thank you!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
The standard unzip on most Linux systems can't uncompress PPMd-compressed files. The Deflate option will work. If this results in too large of a file, try using a PNG or JPG (which is often smaller) compression services like tinypng,com before zipping.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi lucka
their is a huge step for people that use to make their banners in flash but what i came across is that Adwords doesn't support 7-zip at all i tried everything with trail and error and just couldn't get it to work in the add i had to make the text was monotype text and Adwords doesn't support that so i thought id make a svg i was using hype3 and when i uploaded the file i had a error that in side the svg they don't support some entity a svg has the way i resolved my problem was i went in illustrator created a document with the exact size of my banner and create a jpg file and created my banner that decreased my size dramatically then i just used the standard compression built in the computer and Adwords supported it completely with no error and the quality was decent don't know if this going to help you at all if not don't wast to much time looking for a solution and maybe start from scratch
good luck if i didn't help

here is a link i used to help me in general :
https://support.sizmek.com/hc/en-us/articles/201126775--overview-Methods-for-Creating-HTML5-Ads