Guide Me
star_border

I am confused! Please Help

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Guys,

I am making few changes to the account that I manage and in the past days I got a higher CTR, but this morning I noticed something weird, the number of clicks was 13 one hour ago and now has dropped to eight and the spent has gone down.

Why is that?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PremioOscar
September 2015

Re: I am confused! Please Help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Did you make any significant changes like changes in CPC bid, adding negative keywords, ad scheduling? Check your ad-copies whether they are working fine.

And if you didn't make any significant changes you need not to be Panic as sometimes AdWords delays by 18+ hours. You can see this message at the bottom of your dashboard saying "Reporting is not real-time. Clicks and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included here. There is an 18+ hour delay for some metrics. "

I hope it helps!

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

PremioOscar wrote:

Hello Guys,

I am making few changes to the account that I manage and in the past days I got a higher CTR, but this morning I noticed something weird, the number of clicks was 13 one hour ago and now has dropped to eight and the spent has gone down.

Why is that?

I don't think that it would be a wise strategy to look at the current day statistics and start making changes in your account all of a sudden. 

Please note that the Adwords statistics you are getting are not real time. There's always a time lag in terms of stats you are looking at now for today. It's better to review the data for some healthy time period (example 7 days or more) and then look at the trend what your account is following. Based on that, then make the required changes to fine tune your account.

Read more about Data freshness in this article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Did you make any significant changes like changes in CPC bid, adding negative keywords, ad scheduling? Check your ad-copies whether they are working fine.

And if you didn't make any significant changes you need not to be Panic as sometimes AdWords delays by 18+ hours. You can see this message at the bottom of your dashboard saying "Reporting is not real-time. Clicks and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included here. There is an 18+ hour delay for some metrics. "

I hope it helps!

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

PremioOscar wrote:

Hello Guys,

Why is that?

I don't think that it would be a wise strategy to look at the current day statistics and start making changes in your account all of a sudden. 

Please note that the Adwords statistics you are getting are not real time. There's always a time lag in terms of stats you are looking at now for today. It's better to review the data for some healthy time period (example 7 days or more) and then look at the trend what your account is following. Based on that, then make the required changes to fine tune your account.

Read more about Data freshness in this article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi PremioOscar,

I am confused here..!

Did you mean your overall clicks for the campaign were 13..? and after one hour you can see only 8 clicks in the campaign.. is this the problem..?

But as per my knowledge i think you talking about a particular keyword. If this is the case then i would say. The number of clicks your keyword will accumulate is completely dependent upon "Seach Query" made by users.

If your keyword accumulated 13 clicks (whatever time you checked) that dosent mean you will receive exact number of clicks the next hour. It varies as per the "Seach Query" made by users.

"Also please check if your daily budget is still available for the day..? If your daily budget is about to get exhausted you'll probably see a drop in the clicks.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks a lot guys,

I am new to PPC and Adwords, I am getting used to it and I have to say it's getting easier but I do need to get my head around it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Have a nice one!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar,

One reason your click count could go down is credit for invalid clicks. On the campaign tab, click on "Customize Columns", then add the invalid click data columns. Your missing clicks could be there.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords