2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I accidentally added a gmail account to my business google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I accidentally added a gmail account to my business google account, now it shows the gmail email address and not my business email address when added to a clients google analytics account, how can i fix this?

I created a google account with [my beautiful business email address]@[my companies website]

Used it for google partners, for creating an adwords mcc, managing my clients google analytics profiles.

Then on that dreadful morning, at location with a client, limited internet connection, trying to set the access to their analytics profiles and adwords access. A pop-up appeared, why not add a gmail account to your google account. I'm like sure, I can still use my [my beautiful business email address]@[my companies website] to get access to clients google analytics profiles. I think not my friend, said by an evil google voice (or so it appears in my head).

Now it shows under the user accounts of my clients google analytics profiles [ugly one time created gmail account name]@gmail.com

I'm looking up the google account settings, and there is no option to set my primary, first created, professional looking [my beautiful business email address]@[my companies website] as email address to show (tears rolling from my eyes, right now).

No Google, no... I love your products, I'm a true advocate for all of them. Actually, it's my business to configure your products for clients, I love gmail! But I do want to show my professional looking email address in the analytics accounts of my clients.

Please help me! (Awesome cat pictures for the hero or heroin that helps me with this)

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: I accidentally added a gmail account to my business google account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Aljosja,
Totally understand why you'd want this - and thanks for loving our products!

Lets see if I can help!

When you are in a Google product. you'll see your profile image (headshot, picture of your cat, picture of Batman, etc) in the top right hand corner. Click that, and select "My Account". You'll then be brought to your "My Account" overview page. In the middle of that screen you'll have an option for "Your personal info", and then you'll see a list of information including Email, Phone, Google+ profile, etc. Select "Email" and you should see all the email addresses associated with account, and you should be able to either remove association, or make one Primary.

If this does not work, let me know.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Aljosja,
Totally understand why you'd want this - and thanks for loving our products!

Lets see if I can help!

When you are in a Google product. you'll see your profile image (headshot, picture of your cat, picture of Batman, etc) in the top right hand corner. Click that, and select "My Account". You'll then be brought to your "My Account" overview page. In the middle of that screen you'll have an option for "Your personal info", and then you'll see a list of information including Email, Phone, Google+ profile, etc. Select "Email" and you should see all the email addresses associated with account, and you should be able to either remove association, or make one Primary.

If this does not work, let me know.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Kathleen,
I have been frantically googling and found this thread. I've done the same awful thing. I use a non gmail account for all my business stuff... and I accidentally added a client's gmail address to my account. Now that has become the primary email and I can't get rid of it. There is no option to delete that as a primary. (emoji of crying face)

Is there a way to delete it? When I go to the same spot you mention - I can delete all the other emails just not the gmail one that is marked primary. And I'm wondering if that's because it's the only gmail email.
Thanks for helping me (I hope!!!)
Patty

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi KathleenG,

I encountered the same problem described above and tried your solution but there's no option to make another email account Primary, just remove associations (alternative emails). Any ideas?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Victor,

The quickest way to get an answer is to start your own separate thread. Please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks!

Cassie

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, it is best to start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question that fully explains your particular issue - per CassieH's advice in her post just above.

Thank you.