AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How would I show my advert in a different place on Mobile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 3 adverts running down the side of my website. When I switch to mobile view I want to move these adverts so they are interspersed between the content. Otherwise the user will only see the adverts when they scroll down to the bottom of the page.

I have tried to duplicate the adverts and hide / show the relevant advert on Desktop or Mobile but that does not work. It shows both adverts at the same time.

Please see an illustration of what I am after.

mobile-ad-placement-example.png

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Clinton G

I think you may need the Adsense folks help with this query.  Try visiting them here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks I've duplicated the question there.

Re: How would I show my advert in a different place on Mobile?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Clinton G,

I feel this is an issue that would be resolved with your web developer and not AdWords or AdSense. 

You, as the website operator, provide the space for the ads to appear and what is happening is part of your web coding, either theme-centric with a WordPress site or a HTML 5 element that needs to be adjusted for the mobile CSS coding that is being served. Your webmaster/development person should be able to tackle this. 

Just thought I would add this info to the great help already offered by @PPCBossman.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am trying to tackle the issue myself because I am also the developer Smiley Happy

What I am trying to gauge here is what is possible and what is not possible with the ads. I am hoping there is a built in function that deals with this kind of scenario otherwise I need to show the same ad in different slots and show/hide them based on screen size, and I am not sure if there would be any penalty for hiding an advert.

Please advise on the penalty for hiding an advert. Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I understand handling it yourself. It is fun playing in code and making things work as we want. 

I am not versed in AdSense policy, but I am a seasoned web developer and badged Google Partner/AdWords agency. 

The movement/placement of the ads themselves within the mobile layout is certainly a web development issue and not AdSense. And I can say that we have sites that have more than one ad placements from AdSense and they show different ads from different advertisers on the same web page. So I would tackle your concerns in two parts:

1) Use the link Tommy provided to the Adsense. 

2) Work on the web coding (mobile layout) to place the ad slots where you want them. The amount and type of changes vary greatly based on the website coding/structure. If it a WordPress site, lean on the theme creator or a WordPress plugin. If it is a pure coded (HTML 5), lean on a webmaster forum or developer that is versed in your coding.   

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,

James