AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to use broad match modifier with spaces?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to have the broad match modifier keyword where the first term has a space in it.

For example I want the keyword +"111 1111" +motor.

What is the proper way to do this? +[111 1111] +motor?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to use broad match modifier with spaces?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

AdWords will treat any search term with a space in it as two separate words so that's how you should target them.  So, in your example, your Modified match would be +111 +1111 +motor.

Note that you cannot combine any match types in the way you describe.  The only exception being a combination of Modified Broad Match and "simple" broad match, e.g. red +shoes where one (or more) words are simple and one (or more) words are Modified.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: How to use broad match modifier with spaces?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Kevin,

I second what Jon has described here. If you wish to target a keyword with a space in between you can only do so by adding the '+' sign before both of them with any other keywords in the whole keyword string.

So your keyword will be '+111 +1111 11111'. As Jon said, any keyword with a space in between will be considered as two different keywords.

Give this link a read : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

It can help you in understanding Broad Match along with other matchtypes better.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"