AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to unlink an adwords account from my MCC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I just need to unlink an adwords account from my MCC but when i try to ulink it ,it pops a message that says "This account must have at least one active user before you can unlink it".

This account has a paused campaign and the billing info assigned to it ,is from the client himself.

Does anyone knows what to do in this case?

Thanks in advance

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to unlink an adwords account from my MCC?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

How many users are currently linked to this account from which you want to unlink your MCC?

If you created this account from within the MCC and have not assigned any other user the admin access, then I think you won't be able to unlink it because there has to be at least one active user linked to that account.

Try this: Assign any other email address the access to this child account and then unlink it from your MCC. I hope it should work.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,thanks for taking the time to help me.

I have invited the client to join my mcc account with "administrative access level".He has used his own billing info to fill the account ,and the email address associated with this account is his own.I guess that with all this info assigned to the account ,the client should be considered as an active user of the account,isn`t so?Or is this ok and maybe the system takes a bit of time to unlink the account?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I hope you correctly unlinked the account from your MCC. You can refer to this article for details.

As far as my understanding goes, it shouldn't take long time to reflect changes in your MCC. Did you try clearing the cookies and cache and then again relogin into your MCC dashboard to see if that account is gone or not?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey again,

I tried this but  still the message displays the same.

I m still wondering

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

Oh I just found your issue under the Known issues which Adwords Engineers are trying to fix. Read this article and you will see why you are unable to edit the child account from your MCC.

I hope that should answer your question now!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanx again,

This article doesn`t resolve my case.

Thnx anyway

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

mathaios wrote:

Thanx again,

This article doesn`t resolve my case.

Thnx anyway

I know, but it's a known issue and you might have to wait until Adwords engineers fix it Smiley Happy

Other way round could be that you talk with the account owner and tell him to terminate your MCC access directly by logging in with his own administrator email address.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Mathaios

Not sure if you managed to get your issue resolved or not. (Hopefully you have!) But just in case anyone else is having a similar issue, the underlying issue here is that an AdWords account cannot be left without an email address on it. So if the MCC is the only email address assocaited with the account, you will not be able to unlink your account from your MCC. 

The way to get round this is to add another email address to this account and then remove the previous address. Then you will be able to unlink the account from your MCC. 

Hope this helps!

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,thanks for helping.

Here is the story with the account:

I created an adwords account from within my MCC and then i created another gmail account for the client.I then invited through the new email address the client to join the adwords account in my MCC and he filled up the billing info with his details.Isn`t  the invited email address assigned with the adwords account after the acceptance of the invitation and billing information?

And what do you mean:"The way to get round this is to add another email address to this account and then remove the previous address. Then you will be able to unlink the account from your MCC. "

Make an invitation to a new email address or to the already invited address?What should i do?