Guide Me
star_border

How to target a city with radius

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a huge problem.

We have more than 60 campagins (cities) with 3-6 adgroups.

All are made with a radius of 20 km. for each city.

I ofcause would love to find customers within the limit of the 20 km. But also people who lives outside the limit of the 20 km. Could be they work there or are having a holiday in this area at some point. But they do not live in that city, so they search from their hometown - outside the limit of the 20 km. ... hope this is understandable?

My quistion is this : Location options (advanced)

Which one should i use, and/or should i make 2 campagins instead ?

• People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)
  • People in my targeted location
  • People searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to target a city with radius

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, 

I'd vote for the first, recommended option. Reasons is that that way you will not only target users residing within 20 km but also additional users located outside the radius, provided their behaviour indicates their interest in your geo-target.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi AddingAdds,

The ideal selection for you will be the first option.

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)

Because this option will help you to people in side your target area and people searching for services in your targeted area.

Find more information here

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722038

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author addingadds
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

What google says about the first selction is

We'll show your ads to anyone who is likely to be physically located within the area that you've targeted, as well as anyone who included the name of the location in their searches, viewed location-specific content, or specified the location in their search settings.

So you don't need to add the location modified term to your account.

But it is a good practice to add location modified terms in your accounts, as the search intent is more specific and usually the CTR will be high and the average CPC will be low.

Create specific ad groups for loaction modified keywords with specific location modified ads. It will help to improve your account performance.

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, 

I'd vote for the first, recommended option. Reasons is that that way you will not only target users residing within 20 km but also additional users located outside the radius, provided their behaviour indicates their interest in your geo-target.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi AddingAdds,

The ideal selection for you will be the first option.

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)

Because this option will help you to people in side your target area and people searching for services in your targeted area.

Find more information here

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722038

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Thanks.

But what about my keywords ... should they have the cityname included in them then ? or can i use a key word without the city name ?

I think about having 1000 impressings and 2 clicks because my keyword is not "localy" and pop's up in search terms all over. Can you follow ?

Ex.

I have a business in TOWN-ONE which uses a keyword like : carrental

is it then best to use the +carrental +TOWN-ONE or do the Radius ad this location (TOWN-ONE) to any keyword i place within the adgroup ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author addingadds
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

What google says about the first selction is

We'll show your ads to anyone who is likely to be physically located within the area that you've targeted, as well as anyone who included the name of the location in their searches, viewed location-specific content, or specified the location in their search settings.

So you don't need to add the location modified term to your account.

But it is a good practice to add location modified terms in your accounts, as the search intent is more specific and usually the CTR will be high and the average CPC will be low.

Create specific ad groups for loaction modified keywords with specific location modified ads. It will help to improve your account performance.

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks allot :-)