AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to target Indian people who are living in Australia?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to target Indian people who are living in Australia. through Ad-words?

Re: How to target Indian people who are living in Australia?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amit,

Happy to help you!

May I know more about your product/services. And also, what is the channel you are looking to promote? like search, GDN or YT?

Without knowing about product/services and goals of your business, In general I can say to incorporate clear text in adcopy such as XYZ in India etc and also use keywords with location. I would be able to provide you more specific and relevant answer if you will give us some more information about your business.

Thanks & regards,
Gokuldas K

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply, Actually I want to target through adword search and display both campaigns. People who actually hailed from India but living in Australia. I want to target such people, so how to target through PPC campaigns.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amit,

Yet again, its all depends on what type of product/services you offer. You can target Indian expats in Australia by targeting Australia as a country in location targeting and use the keywords which has got India as term. For eg. if you are targeting Indian expats in Australia for a online file tax business. Use "indian tax filing in aus" as a keyword and incorporate text ad copy as Headline: Indian tax filing company in Aus etc. This is the best way to capture the impressions .

In display, I would suggest to target the content that are consumed by indian expats in aus and incorporate the communication as mentioned above.

Please let me know if you require any additional details.

Thanks & regards,
Gokul

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Amit D,

it's very easy and hard at the same time to answer your question. By using google.au and other data (IP) , AdWords is serving ads to an area.
By the language settings of the Google interface (or browser settings) it target specific nationalities.
But, Indian people use English as are Australians too. So I would include in my ads the message that you offer something specifically for Indians.
I would also try to advertise only on placements in .in sites in GDN hoping Indians consume content on .in portals, even living in Australia.