AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to start my campaign's keywords match Broad or Phrase or Exact .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to start my campaign's keywords match Broad or Phrase or Exact . As i started with broad but suddenly CPC went high to 7-8 $ per click. Please Suggest.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to start my campaign's keywords match Broad or Phrase or Exact

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also i tried using broad match modifiers by adding + sign before words

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It would be best if you can write about what type of business you want to advertise and in what Cities in order to allow forum members to give you customized suggestions.

Google has prepared this help page for general guidance : link

My advice would be to start preparing a keyword list based on how much you are willing to spend, based on your budget. For this you have the keyword planner and the feature "Review estimates" in order to view how different match types fit in your budget. I usually start with phrase matches and exact matches for the same keywords.

Usually the "review estimates" feature from the k. planner will show that a phrase match attracts around 30% of the traffic that a BMM or a simple broad would generate, while an exact match attracts even less traffic.

If you are targeting a small area you need BMM keywords to study what people searched, by verifying the "Search terms report" daily or weekly. That is because a phrase match keyword could bring too little traffic in a small area like a City.

In the keyword planner you start by selecting the following : location of campaign, language and an initial keyword . Then you can review traffic for different match types for selected keywords like this : link

Other common practices to improve CTR and maybe lower the avg. CPC are :

- create a negative keyword list in order to improve relevance

- use sitelinks and other extensions to allow your Ad to occupy more space when it is placed in the top 3 spots

- group your keywords in tight themes with no more than 20 keywords

- test several Ad texts until you find some which are successful at attracting customers.

- setup conversion tracking even if you track leads in order to identify which keywords help you the most at bringing profit. After a testing time-frame you can decide which keywords to keep.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It all depends upon business and business needs,Most of the people Broad or phrase keywords for their business depending on business,you can run both by creating two different ad groups and create a report after a week or so and then decide.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Good morning, Sachin_Yadev.

As the previous poster said, what results you get vary depending on what market you're advertising in.

However, keyword match types are, yes, one of the very important decisions you make because they help to control what searches might trigger your ads. This page, from the AdWords Help Center, discusses keyword match types & how they work.

If you have additional questions, please post again!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*