AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to start audio-only campaigns for play on Google Play Music?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm a big fan of the 30-second audio-only in-stream ads that I hear on Google Play Music (https://play.google.com/music/listen). I'm also a relatively proficient advertiser with some display, search, retargeting, etc. campaigns built, but I just can't figure out how to set up a campaign for these ads.

How do I get started building these in-stream ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to start audio-only campaigns for play on Google Play Music?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I too would like to know the answer to this. My gut is telling me it's a reserve buy type thing through DoubleClick, and there is no self-serve yet.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Mike and David,

Audio-only ads are only open to small, select group of advertisers at this time. However, you can still create video and display ads and target them to play.google.com/music. Keep in mind that the targeting capabilities are limited at this time, meaning that it's difficult to target specific demographics or interest groups on Play Music--so right now this type of targeting is best for broader branding campaigns.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

I host "The Anxiety Podcast" and would like to find out about advertising with an audio ad. How does one get in touch with someone that can provide more info?
Thanks
Tim

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Unfortunately audio ads are not available to new advertisers at this time. If the program is opened up to more advertisers in the future, we'll share more details in the From the Community Team section of the Community or on the AdWords social media channels linked in the top right corner of the Community.

Cassie

How to start audio-only campaigns for play on Google Play Music?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see the responses are over a year old - is audio only on Google Play still only available to a select group?