Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to setup different ad groups with same keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am in a fix -

I have about 10 ad types for my campaign- The campaign is divided into 2 ad groups with 5 ad types each. Group A will see another landing page and Group be will see a different landing page.

Both the groups will have different ads in them BUT Same keywords targeting those ads?

Can this work? I need to test my ads and landing page conversions for different ad types on same keywords? Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to setup different ad groups with same keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if you want to manage the 10 ads into 2 different groups (for any organizational reasons), you can also copy the keywords from group A to group B.

if you are using the Adwords Editor:

http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32921

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

there is no need for you to create separate ad groups for different ad types and different landing pages.

the solutions is

1 one ad group, 10 ad types with A landing page and 10 ad types with B landing page =20 ad types

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if you want to manage the 10 ads into 2 different groups (for any organizational reasons), you can also copy the keywords from group A to group B.

if you are using the Adwords Editor:

http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32921

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a silimar situation as the above post.

but....."if you want to manage the 10 ads into 2 different groups (for any organizational reasons), you can also copy the keywords from group A to group B."....

Does this statement applies also to the display network?, wouldn't they be competing against each other? I have tried that move (2 agdroups, same keywords, diferent ads, same campaign) and just one adgroup is getting all the traffic. 

Thanks for your comments.