AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to setup Starting Max CPCs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a quick question. I have setup my account, went through and created tight adgroups and all that. My question is on the Keyword Max CPCs. Since I have a couple thousand with no history (brand new advertiser), what is the best way to populate these fields without doing it one by one? Is there a way to let Google set these?

Does an enhanced campaign set the max keyword CPCs for you? If not, how do I get all my keywords to the CPC that Google suggests automatically without doing it one by one?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to setup Starting Max CPCs?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Charles,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Well, when you create a campaign and in the settings of the campaign, select the Bid Strategy as Automatic Bidding -> AdWords will bid for your keywords such that you would more clicks with in your daily budget. Now in this setting, you will have the option of setting the CPC Bid Limit so that system will not bid more than what you think would pay per click.

More on Automatic Bidding: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470106?hl=en

Also, if you go with the Manual Bidding -> I will bid for my keywords. In this case, you can bid at the adgroup level so that all keywords in the adgroups can take the same bid. However, you can edit the bid at the keyword level should you think if a keyword is more important to your business.

Also, in manual bidding, you can add columns named Estimated First Page Bid and Estimated Top Page bid in the keywords tab and bid accordingly at the Adgroup level.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742?hl=en

Note, you can bid Max CPC but system would always charge you Actual CPC. i.e Actual CPC is the actual amount you pay per click. This is the lease possible amount you must pay to outbid your competitor and still occupy the ad position.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Re: How to setup Starting Max CPCs?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Charles,

You have some great suggestions from Prashanth hre. To add to this and to answer your most important questions.

"what is the best way to populate these fields without doing it one by one? Is there a way to let Google set these?"

You can use either AdWords editor to choose all the keywords in the account/campaign or adgroup and then select them with a simple keyboard shortcut 'CTRL+A' and then fill in the max cpc bid you like to set for the keywords in the text box below.

Here is the link to an AdWords help page: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30842?hl=en

"Does an enhanced campaign set the max keyword CPCs for you? If not, how do I get all my keywords to the CPC that Google suggests automatically without doing it one by one?"

No, and enhanced campaign does not change the max cpc bids for you. Like traditional campaigns you need to do this on your own if you are using manual bidding. With manual bidding, again here this can be via the Editor or using the bulk changes option in the AdWords interface.

This is a very simple procedure on either on the platforms. Both the places, you need to select the keywords in question, click on edit (in case of the interface) and then choose make cpc changes from the drop down. The steps previously mentioned can be replicated for making cpc changes in Edtior here as well.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"