6.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to set up search remarketing? via Google Analytics

N/A
# 1
N/A

How to set up search remarketing? via Google Analytics and How to setup site retargeting via the same Google Analytics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to set up search remarketing? via Google Analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

wrote:

How to set up search remarketing? via Google Analytics and How to setup site retargeting via the same Google Analytics.

For any type of re-targeting, first you need to build audience list. You can define your adience list in analytic, Just click on admins (top right) and in setting you will find "remarketing" it is very simple to create re-marketing list there.

You also need to link your analytic and adwords account.Soon, remarketing list will be visible in adwords (shared library).

For search remarketing, Go to search campaign and click on audience tab, there you can add your re-marketing list. read the different option there before saving the option.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This is one great article in the community. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Easy-AdWords-Remarketing-with-Rule-Based-Lists/m-...

You can segregate the search traffic from the display traffic based on rules you make for this list. It will be more of URL tagging. I might be wrong also on this.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

wrote:

For any type of re-targeting, first you need to build audience list. You can define your adience list in analytic, Just click on admins (top right) and in setting you will find "remarketing" it is very simple to create re-marketing list there.

You also need to link your analytic and adwords account.Soon, remarketing list will be visible in adwords (shared library).

For search remarketing, Go to search campaign and click on audience tab, there you can add your re-marketing list. read the different option there before saving the option.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

And what happens once you target an audience in a search campaign , what users will see the ad and in what conditions I mean , for everything they search , your ad will appear like it happens in the display network ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have made some remarketinglists for Google Adwords in Google Analytics. It worked great after I changed  ga.js into stats.g.doubleclick.net/dc.js in the Google Analytics snippet on my website see this article for reference: Update Google Analytics code for remarketing.

Now I’m trying to setup remarketing for search for a client so I made a remarketing list in Google Analytics. The list pops up in the audience tab in Google Adwords only it gave the following error: “Unavailable - Display only” underneath the list size Google search column (see print screen).

I think making a remarketing list in Google Analytics doesn’t support Google search remarketing lists only the display network list.

What did I try:
I made different Google Analytics lists for different clients and I always get the same message: “Unavailable - Display only”.

Can someone give me confirmation that the Google Analytics or Google Adwords team is aware of this problem? Does anyone else have the same problem? Does the Universal Analytics code supports making remarketing lists in Google Adwords for search and display?

Thanks in advance,

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes only the adwords tag lists can generate an audience for RLSA ( or retargeting for search ads ).

I posted the same concern here and received an answer from Courtney , a googler :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/List-size-for-search-with-rule-based-audie...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Old thread but current issue.

It seems Analytics now supports RSLA.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6212951?hl=en

It´s just that ... GA-lists in my AdWords still don´t populate that column (RSLA).

Anyone having experience of this?