AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to select keywords for PPC campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please give me suggestion.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to select keywords for PPC campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fia T,

Welcome to AdWords Community! you can select keywords using Google AdWords Keyword Planner. This tool is really handy and provide very good suggestions! You can insert your website url and check the suggestions. And also put some key phrases to get the suggestions from this tool.  Learn more on using keyword planner tool here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Fia T,

I want to add some advices in addiction to what NehaGumpta said.

After you have launched the Keyword Planner ("Get new ideas" mode) you get GROUP ideas. I suggest you to keep an eye on the KEYWORD ideas tab.

There you can watch the complete list of keywords related to the ones you have entered in the form before.

Scroll down the list and add the keywords that you think are good to reach your target. My approach here (maybe I'm wrong) is to not consider the volume nor the cost of the keyword. I use that approach becouse in that manner I have all the pertinent keywords in my group (step 1) to do experiments and optimizations (step 2) needed to get the most spending as little as possible

Hope this help!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Morning Fia,

In addition to using the keyword planner tool in adwords, there is software such as Spyfu and SEMRush that will help to scope out your competitors keywords. PLEASE NOTE! the software is not 100% accurate at all, but used correctly it can provide 1000's of relevant keywords whilst also providing negatives! again, these tools are better used for keyword mining than getting a definitive list of your competitors keywords.

Hope this helps!
JT

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Fia T,

If you are new to Google Adwords, I would suggest to start with the basics. Once, you are experienced enough for advanced level practices, then yes, you should look for more options. So to start with, i think You should start with following

=====================================

1) Login into your Google Adwords account

2) Keywords : To start for, you need to specify the most appropriate terms (called keywords) that represents your business products or services. This is called finding root keywords.

3) Using keyword tools offered by Google Adwords : To use this tool, follow the path given below

Go to Dashboard =>click on 'Tools' => Select 'Keyword Planner' from the dropdown menu =======>

Cntd => Select "Search for new keyword & ad groups"

4) Your product or service - Enter the root keywords

5) Your landing page -  Paste the URL of the webpage on which you want to drive user to & land on.

6) Targeting - Select your preferences over language, location etc.

7) Date range - Always select a year, while setting up your first campaign

8) Keyword filters, Keyword options & Include/Exclude - Keep as it is default.

9) Click on "Get Ideas"

10) Select the most appropriate keywords & add them in the account.

========================================

I hope this helps. If you have any query just reply back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Neha........

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jack.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot....