2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to segment in admob?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This might be a noob question, but thought i'd ask.

I'm interested in segmenting visitors to see which carrier/device/OS provides the most conversion... since there is no conversion tracking in admob, i thought I'd have to use google analytics.

So my question is

1) How do you segment traffic source in admob?

2) Does admob reporting show you this information?

3) Seeing that there are hundreds of combinations of carrier/device/etc.... how do I create bulk campaigns in admob?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to segment in admob?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi taewoo,

You can segment the data by Device type and see which devices (computers, Mobiles/Tables with full browsers) are getting most clicks and conversions for you. You can get this data in Adwords itself.

In terms of Google Analytics, you have many more options to explore how your Mobile site is actually performing.

I am not sure if you have specifically created a mobile website and advertising on Adwords or its a normal website which you want to exlore how it's performing on Mobile devices...But in order to get the best results, it's recommended to have the Mobile friendly website, which should be targeted separately from normal desktop campaigns in order to get the best results.

You can create bulk campaigns in Adwords using Adwords Editor.

Hopefully this link should help you with more: Google Mobile Ads

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi taewoo,

You can segment the data by Device type and see which devices (computers, Mobiles/Tables with full browsers) are getting most clicks and conversions for you. You can get this data in Adwords itself.

In terms of Google Analytics, you have many more options to explore how your Mobile site is actually performing.

I am not sure if you have specifically created a mobile website and advertising on Adwords or its a normal website which you want to exlore how it's performing on Mobile devices...But in order to get the best results, it's recommended to have the Mobile friendly website, which should be targeted separately from normal desktop campaigns in order to get the best results.

You can create bulk campaigns in Adwords using Adwords Editor.

Hopefully this link should help you with more: Google Mobile Ads

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the difference between launching ad campaign on admob vs. lauching mobile-only content network campaign on adwords? Or are they same?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you click on New Campaign, there is nothing like admob campaign or Content Network Campaign. Please note that Google has changed the name of Content Network to Display Network long time back. So targeting mobile devices on Google Display Network means that you want to target Google Display Network Partners for Mobile only campaign.

Hopefully there shouldn't be any confusion now...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm talking about admob.com which google acquired a while back

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Admob.com is already acquired by Google as you said. So, logically its part of Google Mobile Network where they are working together to build rich media ads and videos ads to be displayed inside high-end mobile devices. These format of ads are available only on the Google Display Network.

So if you are targeting GDN for high-end mobile devices, it logically means that you will be able to target rich media and video ads on mobiles where Admob.com and Google have worked together.

Hope that makes sense!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey if you want to convert  your admob campaigns to a google adwords campaign how do you setup the targeting in google adwords to get the same traffic as you would in a admob campaign?