2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to see your ad's destination URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to find out what the destination URL of my ad is – I need to confirm it after making some website changes

Don't know how to do that without editing the ad, which would apparently delete my old ad and data.. which I do not want

I looked under Columns to see if I could add it as a column, but no

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: How to see your ad's destination URL?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Drew,

You should be able to add destination URL to your columns in the UI. You can also click on the blue headline of the ad in the UI and it will deliver you to the landing page.

I personally like to download my account into AdWords Editor because I think it's easier to look at all of the Destination URLs at once in that format. It's also quicker/easier to filter if you are checking for different parameters, etc.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. It doesn't seem to be in columns strangely – but yes you're right, you can click the link in the UI at least Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Really odd, I just checked the account that I'm currently in and I'm not seeing it as an option to add the column either. I hope this isn't permanent..... :-/

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Drew,

In the web UI you can right click the header line (with the URL) and paste it to Excel and see it. You can also see the URL when you hover over the header line.

You can click the edit button on the ad. You will get a warning that your ad will be removed and replaced with a new. Click, Yes I understand. Don't Click the Save button in the editor or else you will indeed remove the ad. You will see the URL in the editor. Click Cancel when you are finished.

Another way to get see all of the URLs, is go to the campaign or ad group and click on the Ads tab and export. You will have a column with the URL for all of the ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Drew,

If you hover your mouse over the Title Link in the ad, you should see the URL shown in the bottom left Corner of your browser ( FireFox-Mozilla) ( IE) (Chrome) which is the quickest way to spot check. That way nothing needs to be edited or lose history.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Eric & George, out of curiosity, are you seeing the option to add the destination URL on the ads tab in the UI?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Amy, I just tried and no option for me in the Ads tab either, for Campaigns, Ad Groups or Ads.

I checked the keywords tab and there is a Destination URL column there, which would be specific to the keyword, of course, and not the Ad. Interesting.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

@Amy_Bishop

Yes in the Keyword section under customize columns you can add the "Attribute" of Destination URL..

BUT when I just did it as a test, all that shows up is a Box with no Data.. Humm- image below

But @George R  is correct that wouldn't tell you the actual Ad destination when you have a group of several ads  ..

blank destination.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Really odd... do you have keyword level destination URLs set?

Hoping that this is short term!