5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to see competition stats?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Competition results that I got from the Keyword Tool are showing as "High," Medium," and "Low."  Is there a way to reveal actual numbers so that I can weigh them against the monthly search volume?  Thanks for your help!

Re: How to see competition stats?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey There,

When you export from the keyword tool into a .csv file, that 'High', 'Medium' and 'Low' field is then transformed into a numerical value based on a 0.0 to 1 scale, 1 being the highest degree of competition.

However, in general, the data gathered from Google's keyword tool is generally an estimate or approximation and not concrete. Most of the time you won't know how a keyword will perform until it is actually in action. You can also perform a search on Google for that particular keyword and get an idea of competitiveness based on number of ads shown on the first page as well as additional pages.

I suggest keeping a close eye on the keyword during the first few days and raise/lower bids appropriately.

Thanks,

BlueIon

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Additionally, there is also an 'Analyze Competition' tool under the 'Oppoortunities' tab in the AdWords interface. But I believe your ads need to be running before you can see how you compare against other advertisers bidding on the same types of keywords.

Thanks,

BlueIon

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello MktgGril,

In addition to Bluelon helpful reply, I'll suggest you to pick all those keywords which are relevant to your business and services and make high themed ad groups for these keywords. Kindly read how to build effect keywords list  for better understanding.

Dinesh
My Blog