Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to right set up call extension ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I am Hoang. I manage my campain with call extension, i see have many clicks on the call extension with high CTR but there are no call to us. Do i set up the wrong way or not? I am in Vietnam, and the phone number i want to set up in Call extension is: +84912317***. and the status is Eligible

The following picture is my set up, Have any wrong?

Untitled.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hoang H
September 2015

Re: How to right set up call extension ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

As a last testing method you could have typed one of your cheapest keywords in the search engine from the smartphone and if the Ad shows up you can click the call button to see what number it dials and if the connection has some problems.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, without segmenting, it can be a tricky impression that makes you think that you got a lot of clicks on the call button. I have a statistics of less than 3% clicks on the "Call button" instead of the Headline maybe because many impressions of the phone number are on the desktops.

Also try the dimensions tab in the Campaign, and select the last Dimension "Call details", it should present information only about the calls. You can read more about "Call details" from this article :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/What-is-the-Dimensions-tab-and-how-can-I-use-i...

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The setup looks ok , but you have to asign the extension to the ad group, you probably have done that.

Also you can test the Ad in the Ad preview tool to see if the extension shows up.

When you look at the Extensions Tb , the call extension, click the Segment button and choose "This extension vs other" to see how many clicks are on the extension and not on the headline.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian B!
I assigned call extension already. Have many click and dont have any call to us, so i deleted it from group. I am afraid of the wrong number, so users click to call but can not call. I tried to Adpreview tool but often didnt see the call extension.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

As a last testing method you could have typed one of your cheapest keywords in the search engine from the smartphone and if the Ad shows up you can click the call button to see what number it dials and if the connection has some problems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe i got the prob. Most clicks from the headline not from the call action Smiley Sad.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, without segmenting, it can be a tricky impression that makes you think that you got a lot of clicks on the call button. I have a statistics of less than 3% clicks on the "Call button" instead of the Headline maybe because many impressions of the phone number are on the desktops.

Also try the dimensions tab in the Campaign, and select the last Dimension "Call details", it should present information only about the calls. You can read more about "Call details" from this article :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/What-is-the-Dimensions-tab-and-how-can-I-use-i...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much! i got more knowledge about call extension.