AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to revoke access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am simply trying to change the email address associated with my Adwords account. Not simple!

I was told to access adwords from my new email address, which just ended up creating a new Adwords account. I was then told that I need to

1. cancel the new account (done)

2. revoke access from the associated email address to the new, now canceled account

then invite accessto and accept the invitation from the new email address

I cannot find a link or discussion/instructions on HOW TO REVOKE ACCESS anywhere.

Not very efficient, Google. You used to be so user-friendly. Help, please.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to revoke access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tricia,

This is actually one of the harder things to do, but it could be so much more simple.

Ok, your email address remains associated with your deleted account until you remove it.

Get a throw away email address from Gmail. Send an invitation to that user. Now log out completely from all Google services. Then go find that email and click on the link. On the next page answer "I already have an account". That's right! It's the worst written form Google has. It is counter intuitive, but that's what you have to do. Click on continue and you will be able to add the new address to the account.

Now you have to log out of all Google services and log back in with the email that is already an admin. Once you have done that, confirm the invitation acceptance and promote the throw away address to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email address. You can then remove the email address you want to use.

Your first invitation may have expired, If so, log into the account where you want to add this user and send another invitation. This time, indicate "I already have an account".

A bit of a pain, but that's the whole story. I keep asking if they could change this or make a page dedicated to accepting invitations but nothing has been done yet.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to revoke access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tricia,

This is actually one of the harder things to do, but it could be so much more simple.

Ok, your email address remains associated with your deleted account until you remove it.

Get a throw away email address from Gmail. Send an invitation to that user. Now log out completely from all Google services. Then go find that email and click on the link. On the next page answer "I already have an account". That's right! It's the worst written form Google has. It is counter intuitive, but that's what you have to do. Click on continue and you will be able to add the new address to the account.

Now you have to log out of all Google services and log back in with the email that is already an admin. Once you have done that, confirm the invitation acceptance and promote the throw away address to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email address. You can then remove the email address you want to use.

Your first invitation may have expired, If so, log into the account where you want to add this user and send another invitation. This time, indicate "I already have an account".

A bit of a pain, but that's the whole story. I keep asking if they could change this or make a page dedicated to accepting invitations but nothing has been done yet.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords