5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to reset starting date

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to pause my ads for few days. After few days how can I set a restart date of my ads?

Re: How to reset starting date

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi M A H,

If you want to - you can pause your campaigns or ads and then just reactivate when you are ready. If you want to automate it, you can set up an automated rule to pause it when you want and to reactivate at a certain date and time. You won't actually need to update the "start date" of your campaign - that is only for the very first time that ads launch.

Here is more information about pausing and reactivating elements: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404259?hl=en

Here is more information about Automated Rules: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I do not see any option to select any starting date from there. My all ads are ended. I want those ads will be start after the vaction. But now I want to set the starting date. But from automate option I do not find such option.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi M A H,

Like I said, you won't actually change the starting date because this is set when your campaign first launches and does not change.

Instead, you should highlight all ads or campaigns that you want to schedule to reactivate. Then from the automation drop down you should choose the option to "enable" then on the next screen you will choose a date and time to enable and click save. This will relaunch your campaigns or ads on the date and time of your choosing.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have enabled starting date on 19th July, 2015 but still it is showing ended status. Will it show enable on the date?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi M A H,

If it has an "end date", you should delete the end date and pause the campaign. (When campaigns hit their end date, they stop running but they aren't technically paused. Make sure to pause it after deleting the end date or it will reactivate now.) You can find the end date on the campaign tab in AdWords editor, or in the settings.

Then your rule will activate it at the time that you have set it to be reactivated.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
How to delete the end date?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi M A H,

If you download your campaigns into AdWords Editor, then go to the campaign tab. In the bottom section of the campaign tab with all of the settings, you will see a box for end date. Delete the contents of that cell. Be sure to then pause the campaign. Post those changes and you should be set!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
From the automate option I have set starting date 19th July and end date 31st July but still it is showing end date none. Why it is like that?

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404203

How to set an end date

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
  3. Under "All campaigns," click the name of the campaign to be scheduled.
  4. Click the Settings tab.
  5. Review your campaign "Type." If your campaign is marked "Standard" rather than "All features," click Editto select All features and then click Save.
  6. In the "Advanced settings" section, click Schedule: Start date, end date, and ad scheduling.
  7. Next to "End date," click Edit.
  8. Enter your end date, or select None to have your campaign run indefinitely.
  9. Click Save.

Set an end date