AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove the price decimals in Dynamic Remarketing?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have uploaded a business data feed for my website, we sell used cars. All of the cars are more expensive that 999 Euro. The problem is that the price for example 5.450 Euro it is displayed in the ad as 54.50 Euro.

I tried a lot of ways to keep the format as I wanted but the best choice to ensure that it costs thousands (and not hundreds) is the 5,450.00.

Is there a way to show the price in any way without the .00 ?

I am using Custom feed.

Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove the price decimals in Dynamic Remarketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Multitopia,

I can't be certain, but I suspect the problem is the use of a period (.) for your thousands separator - the feed specification is that a period should be used only as the decimal mark.  Are you sure Google is displaying the price as 54.50, not 5.45?

Are you actually uploading the prices including a thousands separator, or simply as 5450 (or 5450.00)?

I'm not aware of any limit on price being less than 1000, so I suspect the problem lies in the formatting of your uploaded price.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
There are 2 separate things:
- The price format used in the feed: for that you have no choice, period is the decimal separator, not thousands, as Jon indicates
- The price format as it is rendered in the ad: I believe it depends on the template used. Certain templates should strip ".00", other won't. I don't think any template uses a period as thousands separator though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Multitopia,

did you finally solve the problem? im having the same issue for a client and im looking for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
We're working on a solution to allow you to control the way the price is formatted.
I'm curious though: can you share what country/currency and vertical (jobs, education, travel, etc...) you're using?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Maxime, thank you for you quick answer.

Sure: this is for Spain in euro & health services. I created a custom feed.

Do you advice me to try another template? I took off the decimals in the custom template but no changes.

Thanks.