Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to reduce cpc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My site adsizzler.com Please let me know what change i do in my site so that I can reduce cpc and increase convertion rate.

Presently my convertion is $2 to $2.5.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to reduce cpc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adsizzler,

I didn't look too long at your site but if your site is set up to properly promote your business, although some improvements may help, I would suggest you focus your efforts on improving your campaigns to work better with your website.

Your Actual CPC's are based on your bids and your competitors bids. You enter each ad autcion with an Ad Rank.  This is the quality score of your keywords multiplied by your max CPC.  Depending on where you fall in the listing of ads (position) will determine what you actually end up paying.

Google puts it best:

"You'll be charged the lowest amount that's necessary to win your ad position on the page. To find this actual CPC amount, we look at the Ad Rank of the ad showing beneath you, and only charge you the lowest amount that will allow you to beat their Ad Rank (rounding up to the nearest cent)."

Now, one way to start looking for ways to improve your costs would be to improve your Quality Score.  Take a look at some of your more active keywords and click the little status bubble. This should give you an idea of how these keywords are performing and the Quality Score.  You then can take a look at your ads and landing pages for ways to ensure that your ads get as many clicks as possibly (CTR is a big factor in QS) and that your landing pages provide a relevant and accurate information to end users.

You can also review your search terms reports looking for new productive keywords and new negative keyword additions as well.

These are only a couple of examples here on what you can do.  This is generally referred to as Account Optimization.  Here are some Tips for Success

Similar techniques provide better conversion rates as well. The idea is to be very relevant and by doing so only showing your ads to people that are interested in your products and by avoiding clicks from people who are not interested.

For further information and exploration about Quality Score, you can definitely search this community and will find loads of information, as well here are a couple of specific threads you may find helpful.

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce
Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adsizzler,

I didn't look too long at your site but if your site is set up to properly promote your business, although some improvements may help, I would suggest you focus your efforts on improving your campaigns to work better with your website.

Your Actual CPC's are based on your bids and your competitors bids. You enter each ad autcion with an Ad Rank.  This is the quality score of your keywords multiplied by your max CPC.  Depending on where you fall in the listing of ads (position) will determine what you actually end up paying.

Google puts it best:

"You'll be charged the lowest amount that's necessary to win your ad position on the page. To find this actual CPC amount, we look at the Ad Rank of the ad showing beneath you, and only charge you the lowest amount that will allow you to beat their Ad Rank (rounding up to the nearest cent)."

Now, one way to start looking for ways to improve your costs would be to improve your Quality Score.  Take a look at some of your more active keywords and click the little status bubble. This should give you an idea of how these keywords are performing and the Quality Score.  You then can take a look at your ads and landing pages for ways to ensure that your ads get as many clicks as possibly (CTR is a big factor in QS) and that your landing pages provide a relevant and accurate information to end users.

You can also review your search terms reports looking for new productive keywords and new negative keyword additions as well.

These are only a couple of examples here on what you can do.  This is generally referred to as Account Optimization.  Here are some Tips for Success

Similar techniques provide better conversion rates as well. The idea is to be very relevant and by doing so only showing your ads to people that are interested in your products and by avoiding clicks from people who are not interested.

For further information and exploration about Quality Score, you can definitely search this community and will find loads of information, as well here are a couple of specific threads you may find helpful.

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce
Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

dear adsizzler,

CPC is very much a question of quality sore, which is very much a question about the relation (more specific: the good match) between KEYWORD - AD TEXT - THEME OF LANDING PAGE.

Googles software is able to perceive this match, but ... Google also admits that no one is better to judge whether this is the case - and if the user experience is good - then human users. That´s why they use CTR  as the most important factor of quality score. If few people clicks your ad, it´s probably not a very interestering ad  for the user when searching for that specifc search query. Thus, you will get a lower quality score for that keyword, and that will demand of you a higher CPC bid for the same ranking (as AdRank = max cpc X quality score)

So I´d recommend you to make sure you have a very good match between the  keyword triggering the ad, the ad text and the text of the landing page. This can be achived by using tight themed ad groups and customized landing pages.

And by magic ; ) this will also increase your conversion rate, as more people searching for your product or service will click your ad and land on a page that has an answer to what they were searching for. If you really can provide an answer or a solution to what they searched for, they don´t need to go back to Google to search againan, but will be happy to convert on your site.