5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to reactivate removed campaigns?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So I'm using the new Adwords Editor which I must say is quite awesome. I have deleted a bunch of old campaigns recently and I can still seem them if I filter to see deleted campaigns. Now, how can I reactivate them? If I set the status to paused or enabled (from removed) and then try to post changes, it gives me an error message:

Fatal error. OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_REMOVED_ENTITY @ operations[1] etc

(see the attached error message)... I tried exporting them and then importing them but same issue happened. Seems its not possible?

Would be really thankful for some advice, thanks in advance!

scr5.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to reactivate removed campaigns?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any ideas or advice?? @AdWordsEng-Igor ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Panpan,

Removed Campaigns can no longer be either activated or paused again.

Regards,
Ashish

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
As of approximately two months ago, it is no longer allowed to un-remove a removed campaign or ad group, nor to make any changes to that campaign / ad group or anything under it. This is a limitation imposed by AdWords system, not by Editor. In fact, it was introduced after Editor release, so Editor isn't aware of it and lets you make no-longer-permitted changes, which are then blocked by the server when Editor tries to upload them (that strange error message you see comes from the server).

The best you can do to recover such a campaign is to copy/paste it, so you have a brand new campaign set up the same as your old removed one. You'll have to rename the new campaign to give it a distinct name.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Igor! I already copied everything to new campaigns, so thats sorted out. One issue I still have with Editor: I made changes to those deleted campaigns before. Now every time I want to upload my account and I select all campaigns for upload, it tries to upload those deleted campaigns and I get an error message every time. New campaigns do upload, just about the annoying error message because Editor still tries to upload those deleted campaigns when I click upload all. Any idea to fix?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Revert those changes. Select affected items, and do Edit > Revert, or right-click and choose Revert from context menu, or hit Ctrl+Shift+R (Cmd+Shift+R on a Mac, I think).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well the problem is that revert is not one of the options I can select, see attached screenshot..I think I have made too many changes, but seems I can't even revert it even once..

scr1.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author panpan z
September 2015

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
You have to revert in the same view where you made the original edits - in each view individually. For example, you have to go to Keywords, revert edits there, then switch to Keywords, Negative, and revert some more. There is no "revert all edits to everything under this campaign" command.

The Revert command on the context menu off the account tree applies to campaigns themselves - in other words, to edits made on Campaigns view. It's disabled because you don't in fact have any such edits, so there's nothing to revert.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If We can copy the removed campaigns & paste it. It will be in pause mode. If we can enable it, it shows as eligible ; but couldn't get it keywords & adds in it which were previously present.

Kindly give suggestions about the same.