I would like to know how to temporarily disable our Google account

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to "pause" our account for a month?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Jamey,

Just log into your account and select every campaign and then go to the gray "Edit" button and click on "Pause" and

VOILA! 

your account will be paused for how ever long you desire.

Hope this helps!

PPCSophie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Jamey,

Just log into your account and select every campaign and then go to the gray "Edit" button and click on "Pause" and

VOILA! 

your account will be paused for how ever long you desire.

Hope this helps!

PPCSophie

How to "pause" our account for a month?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So there is no way to pause an entire account with one click? If you have many campaigns it's time consuming to pause them. I would like to be able to pause my account from the account page of adwords. Similarly on the app.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello, 

If you have many Campaign the easy way to pause them all is to click on the box right below the Red +Campaign button. That will check all the boxes beside each of your campaigns. Then click Edit (directly beside the Red +campaign button) and click on Pause.  That will do it all for you in a few easy clicks. 

Good Luck. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, the problem is if you want to resume later.

You should first apply a label to all the campaigns you are pausing and then resume only those ones (and perhaps remove the label).

A single "pause / resume" at the account level would make it easier.

I don´t understand why that feature is not yet there. While it not very useful for the day-to-day operation, it is very needed for emergencies.

Plase do it Google guys!

Thanks,

Daniel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agree, this is very annoying, how do I know which ones I already had paused when I go to turn it all back on?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.