AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to manage AdWords account effeciently?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello frnds,I am using adword account but it is going to tuff for managing by me.When i was started its easy but after some time when the ads not clicked & instantly change the keyword as well as set the cpc,its really tuff task to watch,I am trying to make another account for my personal blog ,So would u guys suggest me how to effeciently manage the account.

Thanks

Rachit

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

MCC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rachit,

The ideas and concepts of managing an Adwords account will certainly vary from person to person but I'd be willing to bet most folks will admit that it is a fair amount of work.

The main thing I wanted to suggest to you would be to employ the use of a My Client Center - MCC. It is a game changer when it comes to managing multiple accounts on Adwords.

I have found that I have two general modes of management I employ on accounts:

Maintenance Management - I've worked with the account long enough to the point where it doesn't need extreme amounts of attention. Daily check-ins and weekly/monthly updates when needed.

Start-up Management - When I first create an account or first take over an account and once I have the account to a point where I'm comfortable letting it run full steam, I'll spend quite a bit of time, sometimes daily, refining the account(s) until I achieve a level where I'm comfortable moving the account to a maintenance plan.

Scheduling tasks can sometimes help. If you know you have 10 items/tasks you need to check on over the next day/week, prioritize them and work on them in order. Over time, account management tasks will become more routine and you’ll be able to accomplish a lot more in less time.

My last bit of advice, learn, learn, learn. Learn as much as you can about SEM and Adwords. Don't rely just on what Google has to offer, there are many sources for news and information related to SEM. I learned about many general advertising principles from alternative sources.  The Learn with Google videos are great for quick general concepts.

FInally, This community is an invaluable resource, one I wish I become involved with long ago.  

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

new to adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

I am a newbie and am so confused with adwords:-)

What CPC means?  I tried to just check how many clicks the word I have chosen will produce ,but is still confusing.

I will write here what I saw in the results of my search.

estimated avg. CPC-£ 1.04

estimated ad position-1

estimated daily clicks- £1.65

estimated daily costs- £1.71

Now my question is how much money will I be making a day....does it mean that I will be paying £1.71 every day and will be making £1.65 every day??

Can you please advise me ??? it's so confusing...

Thank you in advance,Monica

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hi Rachit and Monica,   I think being newbies in terms of...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rachit and Monica,

I think being newbies in terms of Adwords, I would really suggest you to first go through the Adwords basics, Get startedterminology, how to write good ad text and all so that you know what it is and how the online paid advertising works in Adwords. Trust me if just take this casually, you will end up no where. So it's better to clear up your basics first and then start analysing whether this Adwords is right place for you or not. I am sure once you are clear with basics, you can start with Adwords and you are always welcome to ask the Community any question you have regarding Adwords.

@ Monica, I believe that you are talking about Traffic Estimator here. You can find more about it here.

Best of Luck to both of you and Happy Reading!

Pankaj

Hi rachitgupta,    Just to add that this thread got some...

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi rachitgupta

Just to add that this thread got some useful information as well. You can read insightful articles (called AdWords Wikis) directly on this site from our expert users and top contributors. And as always, you are welcome to post your questions on the forum. 

Best,

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachit Gupta
September 2015

Re: MCC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom & Zee

I am very thankful to share link,which is very helpful.Tom, as you told about MCC account,So can i use for single adCampaign?Recently i am managing my personal campaign just for trail purpose,So which one is better..I mean is MCC account have same features or looks more features if ignore managing multiple account.Share your Views!

Thanks

Rachit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachit Gupta
September 2015

Re: MCC

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Rachit,

The additional features that come with an MCC are mostly for managing multiple accounts.  You can still use an MCC for one account though and learn about how to use it for when you may need to manage multiple accounts.

Other than that, it's the same old AdWords Interface.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’