AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to make my ad appear in google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads do not appear in google search. The dashboard says 100% partner sites. But, not in Google search, Why?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

It sounds like you're using AdWords Express, which is Google's self-serve platform often used by small businesses.

AdWords Express tends to serve most of your ads on partner sites, not on Google Search. You'll usually have low CPCs because of this strategy, but I don't think it's a good strategy, and I strongly recommend that businesses use the regular AdWords interface instead of using AdWords Express.

For a partial comparison of the two platforms, see this: https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/1689628?hl=en

Here's how you can access the regular AdWords interface from within AdWords Express:

1. Log in to your AdWords Express account

2. In the top right corner you should see three dots stacked vertically. Click this button

3. Click "View in AdWords"

I hope that helps!

John

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I would suggest you to use Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool. This tool in your account helps identify why your ad or ad extension might not be appearing. The tool also shows a preview of a Google search result page for a specific term. This helps you see which ads and extensions are appearing for your keyword.

• Use this tool to check the status of your ad for a particular keyword. Once you enter a search term and other criteria like language and location, the tool will tell you whether your ad is eligible to appear in that situation.
  • Use this tool to check if your ad extension is showing with an ad for a particular keyword. If any of your extensions aren't showing, the tool will tell you what might be causing them not to show.
  • If you want to see how your ad appears in search results, it's better to use this tool than to do a search on Google. You'll see the exact same results as a Google search but it won't affect your performance stats by accumulating ad impressions every time you search for your ad.
  • Use the 'Share this search' feature to bookmark specific searches or to send the URL to colleagues or clients so they can view Google search results for this particular search as well. Keep in mind that the search results returned by this tool may change over time. For example, a preview of your ad may no longer appear in the tool when your campaign reaches its daily budget.
  • To use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool, click the tool under the "Tools" menu at the top of your AdWords account, or visit google.com/AdPreview

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa