Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to make display network plan

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Sir,

I am new for Adword. I am creating a plan for display network. I reterived impressions and Clicks but i am not understanding to how to calculate CPM when we don't know Total Cost or Budeget. please solve my issue.

Re: How to make display network plan

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Reenu,

The CPM model of AdWords is a "cost per thousand" impressions on an Ad. Your CPM calculation depend upon your display exposures. Let say your cost is 2000 Rs and Impression you got is 5000. So your CPM is 400 Rs.

CPM = (Cost *1000)/Total impressions

my 2 cents!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Reenu

In order to calculate CPM there are two mandatory metrics required, first is impression and the second is cost, if you don't have any one of these then you won't able to calculate the CPM.

The formula for CPM is:-
CPM = (Cost *1000)/Total impressions

If your primary goal is branding and you just want to know an estimated cost then decide any value for CPM which your are comfortable to pay and keep that in the formula to know the estimated cost. Do remember that CPM can be higher or lower than your assumption as depends on competition in the industry you are advertising.

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks a lot Abhishek and Kandarp Thaker..
I also want to know that do display planner give relevant placement sites with your keywords.. from my experienced, it's not.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Reenu,

You can Show ads on specific websites that you choose. You can follow this thread https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Using-Ad-Planner-to-Find-Managed-Pl...

Let us know for further assistance.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, Kandarp .
Please edit the link. The link contains a invalid parameter (full stop in the end).
Or else i'm correcting it here -https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Using-Ad-Planner-to-Find-Managed-Pl...

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks John Paul Singh....for correction.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks to all Dears..