AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to make campaign for search partners only and without affecting my existing search campaigns?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, when you create a campaign that targets the Google search network only, there is a checkbox that you can check called "Include search partners".  Unfortunately, there is no way that one can only select the Search Partner network without including the Google search network.

I already have a campaign setup that only targets the Google search network (I have left "Include search partners" unchecked in this campaign).  Now I want to create a campaign that only focuses on the Search Partner network, separate of my campaign that targets the Google search network (I would like to reduce the bids for my campaign that targets the Search Partner network and see how it performs).

What is the best way to go about this, especially if my campaign that targets the Search Partner network will have the same keywords as my campaign that targets the Google search network?  I'm thinking the most logical way of doing this is for example, simply making a copy of my existing campaign that targets the Google search network, and in this copy, check "Include search partners," and then reduce the bids on each keyword in this campaign that targets the Search Partner network (I understand that even though this campaign was made to target the Search Partner network, it will still include the Google search network).

Even if I reduce the keyword bids on my campaign that targets the Search Partner network, will it have a huge negative impact on my campaign that targets the Google search network since both campaigns would share the same keywords and in a sense, be competing against each other? 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to make campaign for search partners only and without affecting my existing search campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Gadwin G

Your logic is sound.  Everything else being equal, the lower bid campaign that includes search partners should not have a negative impact on the Google only campaign with higher bids. 

Re: How to make campaign for search partners only and without affecting my existing search campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Gadwin,

Yes. You are right in thinking that the since the keywords are duplicated, they will compete for the same auction. But you also mentioned that you are handling that by reducing bids for the partners campaign.

So all in all, you "may" see an impact on your search campaign and I would keep an eye on it. But that should not be a very big concern. The method you stated is the only way to target partners. So experiment and see how it goes! All the best!

Please do try n post the results back here if you can!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!