AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to make a potential traffic estimate for a proposed web site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an idea for a web based business. Is it possible for me to get a potential traffic estimate for my website using key words that portray my idea? If so how?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to make a potential traffic estimate for a proposed web site?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Who can help Sekhar?
Zee
G+

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

You have several options for searching the keywords and estimation of your traffic.

If there is no website yet (only an idea as you said), then you may choose Google Trends, this is a free tool which can give you plenty of statistical data for several years for searches with multiple keywords and keyword combinations.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sekhar V, you can get just idea about global searches, local searches about that particular keyword. You can just take overview about particular searches of your targeted keyword , like if you are using then what's the strength of people searches in your area with that keywords. So, that thing gives you little bit idea about your keywords and make help to select traffic generating keywords. you can also check CPC , trends of that particular keyword. You can use Google trend tool for getting idea about that searches, trends in your targeted area.

Thanks
Rachit

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Sekhar,

In addition to the Google Trends as rightly said above, you could review the new Adwords Tool called Keyword Planner, which can hep you identify the potential keywords for your website and the approximate traffic those keywords can attract for your site.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sekhar,
As everyone suggested, use
1. Google Trends (Google.com/trends)
2. Keyword Planner (You should first sign up for adwords.google.com and then you can use this tool from "Tools and Analysis" menu -> Keywords Planner) -> Make sure to use Advanced Options available in this tool, for ex. Include/Exclude keywords, Competition, etc.,
3. Keyword Tool (https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool) no login required but this tool will be phased out soon.
4. There are more keyword tools available in the market like SEMRush, spyfu, keywordspy and many more. Just google it.

Regards,
Balu.
www.locsea.com/blog.php