AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to make HTML5 ad to stop after 30 seconds?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I looked up the Google ad specs before, and I noticed that ads that are built in HTML5 must only last for 30 seconds. I've made an ad that's 15 seconds long, and then it repeats. Do I need to use any code for this? I called AdWords help desk today, but they didn't know either. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David R
April 2016

Re: How to make HTML5 ad to stop after 30 seconds?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

I believe you will need to use code for it, given that your ad is 15 sec's long the easiest way would probably to do a loop check and make sure that it loops only once (original + 1 loop = 30 secs), you could also use a setTimeout but that may make your ad end in a weird place.

Whoever created the banner should be able to do it, as it depends where the banner was created if it was created in GWD the link below is a discussion from the GWD group about the issue:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/gwdbeta/3Eh7mehxb9I/u1XZs896t28J

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David R
April 2016

Re: How to make HTML5 ad to stop after 30 seconds?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

I believe you will need to use code for it, given that your ad is 15 sec's long the easiest way would probably to do a loop check and make sure that it loops only once (original + 1 loop = 30 secs), you could also use a setTimeout but that may make your ad end in a weird place.

Whoever created the banner should be able to do it, as it depends where the banner was created if it was created in GWD the link below is a discussion from the GWD group about the issue:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/gwdbeta/3Eh7mehxb9I/u1XZs896t28J

Good Luck