AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to link Adwords and Analytics with 2 different Google accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So how to link Adwords & Analytics with two different Google accounts - of which both Google accounts have separate AdWords accounts already? 

I've created a playground for me with one google account (GA1), to get to know AdWords .. with the same Google Account on which we have Analytics for the website. Then AdWords agency created a new AdWords account for us - with another google account (GA2) we're using for our blog for example and person who did blog, also made another Analytics account with e-mail GA2.

Now when I want to link Analytics with AdWords, it automatically wants to connect me to Analytics of GA2, but there's only Blog analytics, not the website - and I need to connect AdWords (done with GA2) with Analytics (done with GA1). 

I know, it's complicated, and I'm googling since ages trying to get some solution but can't find anything. Would love to have all on one account, but I can't because of the lost of information (and because one can not delete AdWords Account of an google account! :/. 

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to link Adwords and Analytics with 2 different Google accounts

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Stela,

So if I am understanding correctly, you are no longer using GA2 and/or GA1. If that is the case, petebardo has written a great post that may help you solve your problem. If that doesn't work, let us know so we can assist you in getting this solved. 

Re: How to link Adwords and Analytics with 2 different Google accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea

Thank you for your quick response! But obviously didn't express myself right as it's a complicated situation Smiley Happy I AM still using both, GA1 & GA2:

GA1: for Analytics of Website & play Adwords Account
GA2: Analytics of Blog & Website Adwords Account

Petebardo has written a great post which I've seen, but got stuck at Nr. 7 - since when I want to connect it, it tells me that GA1 already has an Adwords Account (which doesn't help me a thing though, because it was just a playground!)
I have to connect Website Analytics with Website AdWords account - which happen to be two different Google Accounts, each with own AdWords account - of which I would delete one, but I can't. So I'm stuck.

Any further ideas?