AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to know whether my display only ads are running or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to know whether my display only ads are running or not?

Also, how do I know what is the estimated bid?

There is no such thing as first page bid like in text ad, which remind me to increase the bid in order to be visible or even re run my ads.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to know whether my display only ads are running or not?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Preview: There isn't a Preview Tool for Display Network, probably because ads aren't served on a single website (unlike search) in GDN. However, you can check the speech bubble next to the targeting method to check the status or pull reports to understand where your ads have been serving. Here's a detailed article I'd recommend reading.

Bidding: Unfortunately estimated bids aren't available in GDN, hence trial & error is the way forward. I'd suggest starting with a high bid and reducing it gradually to a point where your traffic doesn't fall. Using separate ad groups for bigger banners is a good practice, so you can bid high on them.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How to know whether my display only ads are running or not?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Another tip;

Set a remarketing campaign and visit your site. Once a cookie is stored on your machine, you'll start  seeing the ads while visiting other sites.  You'll have a  "live demonstration" of the ads as they appear on sites (depending on your targeting methods).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’