AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to know if Google Adwords account is suspended?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes Google sends an email but after delay. How to know whether it is in suspended state?

I'm not talking about disapproval.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author utilitiesindia
September 2015

Re: How to know if Google Adwords account is suspended?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

utilitiesindia,

You should get notification (or someone should, likely whoevers email is associated with the account login) about a suspension.  Sometimes it can come up to 24 hours after the account has gone dead.  The account will usually either message a red or maybe yellow bar across the top about the suspension but if not you can also do some other diagnostics and look for messaging that is usually associated with a suspension.  The messaging would be something like "your account is not running contact support for further details".

Run some of the quick diagnostics - visit the ads tab and mouse over the bubble next to status.  What does it say?  Go to Reporting and Tools and run the Ad Preview and Diagnostic tool for some of your keywords and see what messaging you get back.

Either way though I think Tom gave you some good advice - call Google.  I would be tearing out my hair about a 3rd client being suspended.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Utilitiesindia,

I have a sense that it is quite clear when your account is suspended.  You can find out more about account status and suspension here.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

PPCBossman It has happened with my 3rd client. There is no indication sometimes. Without email or message, is it possible at all to find it? As a manager neither I get any email or see a message. 

In the link mention by you it only says that indication is that ads are not running.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Utilitiesindia,

Yikes, 3rd client.  That's no good.  Generally, there is an alert front and center in the Adwords console.  If you suspect this account is suspended, you could contact Adwords Support (click button - top right of screen) to find out IF it is suspended and why.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm Google Engage partner and I've been told that it is very common for new accounts to be suspended or go into some human approval which could take 3-7 days. For one client it even took 7 days. His business was simply idle.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author utilitiesindia
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

utilitiesindia,

You should get notification (or someone should, likely whoevers email is associated with the account login) about a suspension.  Sometimes it can come up to 24 hours after the account has gone dead.  The account will usually either message a red or maybe yellow bar across the top about the suspension but if not you can also do some other diagnostics and look for messaging that is usually associated with a suspension.  The messaging would be something like "your account is not running contact support for further details".

Run some of the quick diagnostics - visit the ads tab and mouse over the bubble next to status.  What does it say?  Go to Reporting and Tools and run the Ad Preview and Diagnostic tool for some of your keywords and see what messaging you get back.

Either way though I think Tom gave you some good advice - call Google.  I would be tearing out my hair about a 3rd client being suspended.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Review and Suspension are completely different things. First figure out what you are dealing with. If it is just a new account that is not running yet then no need to panic Smiley Wink reviews on new accounts are pretty standard.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

I also understand this as a possibility, but personally, I wouldn't consider that a suspension, but more of a delayed approval/review of an account.  'Suspension' is a serious term when related to an Adwords account and tough to come back from.  Try searching this community for suspended or suspension, you'll see that there are numerous folks have accounts that have been suspended for a variety of reasons and many of them have no recourse.

I have a feeling that if you're under review, you'll be in good shape before too long.  I again would suggest that you contact support or the folks at Engage (I'm an Engage partner as well) and see what you can find out.  Unfortunately, No one here can access your account to tell you one way or another.

-Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

With review case, I see Google works very long time : 3-7 days Smiley Sad. Maybe they have a lot of customers to review.